BOOM

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

charlie young

Re: BOOM

Post by charlie young »

Brian, after 48 years of marital bliss, I'm not really sure where I store mine. I don't think it is in the gun safe, as I just looked in there for something, don't remember. Hopefully, I can still remember how to get to The Hill next spring. Might have to follow Doug or Dallas or one of the 3 Jeffs or Lori just to make sure!!
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Now wouldn't that be a grand parade. I'll pick up Jeff M. in Plentywood and Lori and Doug and you and everybody, flags waving horns blowing Boy it's going to be a long winter, cabin fever in October. I think I'm in trouble.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

I'm just joking around guys, I have a wonderful wife that takes great care of me and is truly a blesssing in every way. At one time she worked in a Bank Building downtown and I ordered a case of powder and had it delivered to her office at the bank. Her boss saw it sitting by her desk and wanted to know what it was, he had a fit, but there it was, what was he going to do about it. She called me on the way home and wanted to know if it was safe in the back of the car, I told her sure, as long as you don't get hit in the rear of the car. :lol: I don't think she has thought about it sitting in the house with her.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

Paul, I know what u mean. Finished the season on The Hill and spent the next 3 weeks trying different loads as I wasn't to happy with the way I finished with one rifle. Finally got one that showed promise and then we've had 10 days of winter. Zero every morning, maybe 20 at the warmest during the day, I'm sure you're having the same or worse. Really hoping everything gets squared away and u folks can come south next spring. But yes gonna be a long winter where it starts in Mid October.
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

Coltsmoke wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:30 pm I've been with mine for 43, give it a little more time. :lol:
Evidently, I've not been at long enough, dully noted :lol:
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

Coltsmoke wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:20 pm I'm just joking around guys, I have a wonderful wife that takes great care of me and is truly a blesssing in every way. At one time she worked in a Bank Building downtown and I ordered a case of powder and had it delivered to her office at the bank.
"I" didn't have it delivered to my wifes work, since I wasn't home to sign, the FedEx driver took it upon himself to do it for me, twice, once to WELLS FARGO, Then to the insurance store, nobody cared :lol:

I know what you mean, it's taken me 24 to get accustomed to her nagging, at 56 I'm not going to trade her for a different one just to have to start the process over again :roll:
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

charlie young wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:58 pm Brian, after 48 years of marital bliss, I'm not really sure where I store mine. I don't think it is in the gun safe, as I just looked in there for something, don't remember. Hopefully, I can still remember how to get to The Hill next spring. Might have to follow Doug or Dallas or one of the 3 Jeffs or Lori just to make sure!!
Charlie,
I know exactly where my powder may or may not be :wink:

Head South, if you experience a sudden drop of about 300', you went to far :roll:
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

DeadEye wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:09 pm Now wouldn't that be a grand parade. I'll pick up Jeff M. in Plentywood and Lori and Doug and you and everybody, flags waving horns blowing Boy it's going to be a long winter, cabin fever in October. I think I'm in trouble.

Paul
That parade comes down the road I'ma close the gate :shock:
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

A famous Shotgunner from our area is Gene Sears. Mr. and Mrs. sears said, when they were young , they started selling gun powder out of their house and stored a LOT of gun powder under their bed....then some neighbors found out about all the gun powder and the complaints started.

I store a few pounds of Pyrodex in an old , small, fridge. Jeanne and I load together and she keeps my 12x12 Shootin Shack clean and swept .

I think I read about a shootin shack in one of Mike Venturino's articles and when we moved to the country I had to have one.

Jeanne liked my shootin shack so well she wanted us to build a little log cabin about 100 yards in the woods from either the shack or our log home.
I asked her if she wanted a She Shed and she said ' Nope, I want to build a Bitch Barn". No reloading or powder in the Bitch Barn.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.