Comb riser source

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

kwilliams

Comb riser source

Post by kwilliams »

I would like to find a "quality" riser of non Chinese make. Thinking leather, maybe with ability to put different pad height inserts in. Might need a 1 inch lift for the 1200 yd plate.
Checked around and did not find what I thought I needed in the "looks" dept. that would be worthy of putting on a nice Ballard. Anyone know of a source?
kw
GrumpyBear

Re: Comb riser source

Post by GrumpyBear »

I have several of these and like them.

https://www.accu-riser.com/precision-lace-on-cheek-pad/
rgchristensen

Post by rgchristensen »

I've always thought that the "strap-on" risers were unsightly and awkward to use. Finally built an adjustable riser copied after an old British long-range rifle. It has a thin metal plate shaped to the stock comb and covered with leather. The shaft penetrates thru the stock and adjusts with a small knob on the bottom of the stock. Easily gives 2+ inches of elevation, is rigid, comfortable, and easy to adjust. When in the "down" position, it is only obvious by the thin leather pad on the comb and the small knob under the stock. Delrin wiping-rod easily clears the stem of the cheek-rest.

CHRIS
bobw

Post by bobw »

Don't see myself drilling extra holes in my Shiloh buttocks for gamer doodads rg. That accu riser looks right smart to me for LR work. But to each his own. Bobw
bobw
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Cheek-N-Stock
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Do the cheek-n-stock or look into an Alex Henry and get the best.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

We use Tourbon . Good leather and different heights to suit you and your rifle.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

I like the ones David Barnes makes. Especially as I won one of them at the TX State Match one year, so the price was right. Believe Shiloh once sold them, but it may have been BACo. If you order directly from David he will put your initials or whatever on them. Hell, he'll even put someone else's on one for you.
Glenn
kwilliams

Post by kwilliams »

I googled Cheek-N-Stock to have a look and the site sells Halloween banners? Some one have the contact info?
thanks
kw
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

I have used the Cheek-N-Stock with decent results, but the Accu-Riser is much more flexible on adjustable heights, plus it will not move. Nothing worse than a sliding cheek rest that changes your sight position................
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
38-72

Post by 38-72 »

GrumpyBear wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:39 am I have several of these and like them.

https://www.accu-riser.com/precision-lace-on-cheek-pad/
Same here, they work great!
See the other Washington, Eastern!
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

I have two accu-risers - they don't move and are easy to adjust. Well - actually I have one. The other one is my wife's. I bought the second one when she wouldn't let me use hers.