Southeast Regional River Bend Gun Club

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Skip

Southeast Regional River Bend Gun Club

Post by Skip »

Many thanks to all who were involved in putting on this year's Regional. 4 awesome days of shooting, the weather was great, clear and cool changing to warm and breezy. The Saturday night barbeque was super once again.
As always, the fickle winds there can be a real challenge, unless you're Doug Gazaway and have Steve Hubbard spotting. These 2 are amazing. Special thanks to Charlie Butler, who took the reins as Match Director. Can't wait for next year.

I hope some of you guys will post some pics.
No Guts, No Glory!
Tomklinger

Re: Southeast Regional River Bend Gun Club

Post by Tomklinger »

Great match Charlie!! It was first class all the way! Thank you for all the labor to put it together, and thank you all of the support team....
Tom Klinger
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Wish I could have made it. :( I will plan on going next year.
Fishslayer

Post by Fishslayer »

Thanks for the quick notes about the Regional here in GA. I can't believe how well I thought everything went from the great weather to pulling targets on the mid range matches to the target setters on the Silhouette range hustling so we could beat the shadows. I really enjoyed putting it on with only a few glitches where Woody was usually the center that attention! But it was fun to have shooters from 11 states coming to have a good time and enjoy shooting this sport as well as enjoying the fellowship with each other. The .22 match from the 200 yd berm with reduced targets and the 3 X 600 black powder was an interesting addition to the 2 day aggregate Silhouette match. It couldn't have been done by this rookie without a lot of help and support from the former MD - Jim Kidwell and all Doug Gazaway does to make everything look and work great and their knowledge of the rules... much appreciated. Kevin Hurst and his wife, June and his father, Alvin did a great job with the scoreboards!
Congrats to the Match Winners on the 22 match - Lee Burrow- scope, Doug Gazaway-Irons and the 3x600 winner- Steve Christensen with a 274. The Silhouette Match Winners - Scope was Dave Zizzo with a 60 2-day aggregate (drove down from Wisconsin) and of course Doug Gazaway - Irons with a 63.
We had a lot of nice prizes from some great Sponsors like Shiloh, MVA, Schuetzen Powder, DZ Arms, Buffalo Arms, GOEX powder, Vortex Optics, Waage pot, and many, more... especially a Woody box and cleaning rod. We also had a junior shooter, Lee Burrow's grandson -Jake - who won 1st AA Silhouette -scope with a 49! Congrats to him. There was a special award for the Silhouette Match - the MILTON MILLS MEMORIAL AWARD that went to the Champion Spotter for Scope and one for Iron... Won by Steve Hubbard - he spotted for Zizzo and Gazaway!!! Milton Mills was my partner for several years where we went to Raton and Friendship several times. His wife, Helen presented the awards... He died from Pancreatic cancer back in June. RIP
Charlie Butler
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

It was great to sit back and enjoy my first SE Regional where I could actually shoot in the match. I even won a mould from Buffalo Arms to cap it off. LOL Charlie Butler was a natural for keeping the Regional on the up and up. He didn't miss a beat. You can bet next year will even be better. It is always a plus to get new blood in this game and I would encourage others to support their Match Directors and help them retire ( :lol: :wink: )
Thanks again, Charlie..............
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Woody

Post by Woody »

Great match. Someone please post the scores.

Thank you Shiloh for supporting the shooters. I was lucky enough to draw a nice certificate from Shiloh and shot some respectable 600 yard scores with my Model 77 Shiloh.

Well Charlie, you screwed up. You put on a great match to finish out the year of shooting. I'll be home tomorrow afternoon, just in time to start getting ready for next year.

Woody, (somewhere northwest of Chattanooga)
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Wow! what a weekend. Four great weather days with tough competitive shooting and visiting with friends I only see once a year. Charlie did a great job for his 1st time as director. The range was in excellent shape. Damage from last weeks high winds was evident everywhere. It was humbling to get beaten by a 12 year old on Sat. Way to go Jake. It was clear that Lee had spent some time with his grandson prior to the match. This is one of my favorite matches and the best way to wrap up a shooting season that I know.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Lee Burrow's grandson Jake set two national records in silhouette for a Sub Junior at this match. He had just turned 13 years old and shot a 25 on Sat and a 24 on Sunday. The 25 is a new one day record and the 49 is a new 2 day record for scope in the Sub Junior category. Congratulations to Jake!
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Terrific match, as always! The weather was great, the people were great, the match was very well run, and a totally enjoyable weekend. We always enjoy that part of the country at this time of year, and it's a trip we always look forward to.

Clarence
Saskshooter

Post by Saskshooter »

For me living here in Western Canada I look longingly to the south. Not being able to cross the border has resulted in a missed shooting season.
Last year I was privileged to shoot again in your regional and spend quality time with Charles, Doug, Steve, Woody and many others. I sure miss that match. Anyone missing that match has missed a jewel.
Saskshooter
Windy, Bethune
Canada
Saskshooter

Post by Saskshooter »

For me living here in Western Canada I look longingly to the south. Not being able to cross the border has resulted in a missed shooting season.
Last year I was privileged to shoot again in your regional and spend quality time with Charles, Doug, Steve, Woody and many others. I sure miss that match. Anyone missing that match has missed a jewel.
Charles
Saskshooter
Windy, Bethune
Canada
Clipp

Post by Clipp »

Great Regional. Thanks to everyone involved. Great weather and food.
Looking forward to next year.
Great Job Charlie
Woody

Post by Woody »

Well I'm in trouble again. I've ordered a Montana Roughrider using the $500.00 certificate Shiloh provided for this match. Got to start saving some money to get ready to pay for it.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Congrats on a good drawing plan, Woody. Worked well. :wink:
I'm in the same boat as you. Am about 5 months ahead of you, so have another 12-13 months to get my money together. What did you go for as far as cartridge & barrel? I went with a 16" twist 40-65 as the plan is to shoot 390-420gr PP bullets. Should be fun with my first Shiloh.
Glenn
Woody

Post by Woody »

45-70 heavy octagon with pewter. Drilled and tapped for MVA scope and no front or rear sight dovetails. Upgrade on wood. This is my second custom ordered Shiloh, but I've owned three others at one time or another.

Woody
Richard A. Wood