aluminum

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SSShooter

Re: aluminum

Post by SSShooter »

DeadEye wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:55 amThey switched to plastic to get away from metal because it's safer.
Paul
Will guess that it has almost nothing to do with safety, other than plastic is safe. Decision to change was likely 99% driven by economics. Cheaper to purchase and lighter, therefore cheaper to ship. Likely cheaper to handle for filling as is not as rigid and not as easy to dent (fewer rejects). Driven by the 'bottom line'. Which is fine with me. I prefer plastic containers.
Glenn
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Dave, you have no idea how sorry I am to hear that my friend.

Be safe, be well,

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Cut the bottom off of a plastic powder bottle and use it for a funnel?? I have a brass bell that I cut to use as a funnel. Cash (Cash is a manufacturer) made brass funnels.
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

Brass at Sportsmans Whse $7.99 , Aluminum $29.95. Same place . I bought brass years ago at Track of the wolf. There out there. :lol:
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Back to the original poster,

You do realize Aluminum, is a conductor right? :lol:

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Glen Ring wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:03 pm I thought most folks knew that a photograph/ pic has information as to the location it was taken.
I guess I should have added a " wink, wink, nod nod' to get my point across in a more direct way to help you understand that taking that pic down might be a good idea in this day and age.

Me and my buds never post pics of things like that ..we know that unless steps are taken, the location can be gleaned from a pic when it passes through the ole interweb and most kids can find this without the aid of special software.

Like I said, I have only a pound or two of powder that I store in my shootin shak in Kenefick Oklahoma and that's where I store the only two guns I've ever owned..( wink, wink, nod, nod ) OR ..as you pointed out..ignorance is bliss.
Shadow4 is safe. There is no metadata attached to this particular picture with Lat/Long attached to it. It's easy to make that mistake though...

Chris.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Chris...check again. I obtained an address, picture of his house and "drove' up to it...also long and latitude and sat Pics. It was listed on another place on the web along with pics and the name of the town. So easy a kid can find it.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Glen Ring wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:12 pm Chris...check again. I obtained an address, picture of his house and "drove' up to it...also long and latitude and sat Pics. It was listed on another place on the web along with pics and the name of the town. So easy a kid can find it.
Glen I don't want to talk too much about digital security of someone on the web, but that meta data is not in the exif data embedded in the pictures posted here on the Shiloh forum. It is, however, pretty easy to track down nearly anyone on the internet without too much effort. Like you say, it's pretty easy. Unless they have taken great pains to cover their tracks. Most people don't bother though.

Chris.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Chris

One of my long time buds posted a picture of a crow he shot at long distance, another posted a pic of a huge bobcat he wacked while deer hunting. BOth animals were out of season here and when I sent them that message, they took the pics down. We all need to help each other...especially as we all age and the political climate changes.

It took effort to track someone in the 80's and 90's and good old link analysis worked well. Today, there are so many footprints left by everyone it's just about impossible to NOT be found..and it can all be done sitting in front of a screen. Knowledge is power, but in the hands of a bad person, it's not good. Good people need to know how to not become vulnerable.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Glen Ring wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:18 am Chris

One of my long time buds posted a picture of a crow he shot at long distance, another posted a pic of a huge bobcat he wacked while deer hunting. BOth animals were out of season here and when I sent them that message, they took the pics down. We all need to help each other...especially as we all age and the political climate changes.
So you have close friends that poach wildlife, then are dumb enough to post pictures of it on the web? Then, being a life long law enforcement agent, you help them cover their tracks by encouraging them to remove evidence that law enforcement could use to convict the law breakers?

Wow! Tell me if I got this wrong, Glen.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Well Jack, did you reflect on your own self before posting that in public and did you care enough about Glen to PM him first? We can almost without fail find the same kind of crap ( in one direction or another) in our own life, that bugs us so much about others. I'm just as guilty!
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Chris
When are you going to meet us at the Oklahoma city gun club and get the tour? The gun club has turned loose of several thousand dollars for improvements on all ranges ( they were world class to begin with) and the club has recently purchased additional acreage to build a 1000 yard range !!
We were there last Saturday recruiting and had a great turn out of new members. We had several rifles for new members to shoot and hooked several I think.
Give us a hollar some pretty day , bring your BPCR rifle and lets shoot! In the not too distant future maybe we can fling lead at targets 1000 yards away...just minutes from a major city with many great hotels and restaurants.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Chris lives in Canada, :roll:.

He does come south of the border, to hang out with the cool kids, At Worland Wyoming, Byers Co. and Phoenix to shoot Target Rifle. For an engineer, he is a pretty good guy, and just fun to hang with being shooting together or in the pits. I consider him a good friend. Mater of fact he won the Shiloh last year at the BPTRA Nationals.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Glen, as Kenny mentioned I do get down south of the border sometimes, but generally they don't let me get much farther than Colorado and Wyoming :lol:

Chris.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

mdeland wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:47 am Well Jack, did you reflect on your own self before posting that in public and did you care enough about Glen to PM him first? We can almost without fail find the same kind of crap ( in one direction or another) in our own life, that bugs us so much about others. I'm just as guilty!
Just thought it was strange coming from such a righteous member of law enforcement. Makes me wonder what else he would look past for a "buddy." By the way, there's none of that crap in my life or most people I know. And if there is, they sure don't tell me and I sure wouldn't help them cover it up, and I'm not even a cop!