45-110 Brass

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

45-110 Brass

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Today the Fed X feller shows up with 100 rounds of brand new Norma Brass from BACO.

Life is good, I had them on back order maybe a month?

Kenny Wasserburger

Now probably time to order that 77. :wink:
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
bobw

Re: 45-110 Brass

Post by bobw »

100rds? I can still remember the bad old days when you would have ordered a drum kept half and sold the other half to cover the cost. You slowing up Kenny? bobw
bobw
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

You must have me confused with someone else Bob.

I am replacing cases that have failed after 24 years of reloading them. How many times I have no idea anymore. I know they helped wear out the barrel on the Hell Bitch, which had 19,800 plus on it. The second barrel is approaching 5000. Dora has at least that on it now, the 25# rifle.

I gave a hundred rounds to a good friend in Germany, 6 years ago of brand new stuff Steve Garbe had sold me.

I anneal after every firing and these cases last a long time, yet flash holes erode out and cases developed a crack about 1 inch up from the rim, after 50 plus firings.

2 days of Creedmoor, and 3 days of 1000 yards, you will go through a lot of ammo.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
semtav

Post by semtav »

Thanks for the heads up Kenny.
Also have 100 ordered.
Says it was shipped !!
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

Kenny, it’s amazing how many firings you got out of the cases. I’ve got to ask you, how much of the case are you annealing?
To date I have never lost a case, but I’m certain you have been doing way more shooting than I do. I shoot pp 45-110 and 45-90, and I just anneal maybe 1/2” of the case mouth, leaving the rest of the case body untouched.

Robert
Beware of the man that owns one rifle.