Case Stretching

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TexasMac

Re: Case Stretching

Post by TexasMac »

Blackstone wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:14 am
mdeland wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:43 am The good thing about nibbing is you draw metal from the entirety of the whole interior case wall , the web forward. I've nibbed 2.1 cases from 2.1 -2-6 and still had necks in the .009-010 thickness range.
How do you go about nibbibg ?
If you go to the link I posted earlier on my lengthening article and page down close to the end you'll see Mike's nibbing setup.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
Raven

Post by Raven »

Raven wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:57 pm What is the groups experience with Case stretching a 45-40 a few thousandths?

I see Buffalo Arms sells a stretcher. Anybody used it in this manner?
I got and used the Buffalo Arms case stretcher and it worked great! All brass is now exactly trimmer to the same length.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

I'm curious as to what the case mouths look like when using that case stretcher. Is the mouth even circumferential-ly after the stretch ?
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

mdeland wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:27 pm I'm curious as to what the case mouths look like when using that case stretcher. Is the mouth even circumferential-ly after the stretch ?
Mike,

Based on my experience with the stretcher using it on around 400 cases, the results are similar to your nibbing process. I.e., it evens out the neck walls to the same thickness but the case lengths grow longer on the side where the walls were originally thicker.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com