More Covid

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Tomklinger

Re: More Covid

Post by Tomklinger »

Smoke,
We have our .22 silhouette range completed at my brothers ranch. It turned out really good! We have the 700yd and the 500yd ranges for the big guns also......you are welcome to come shoot with us anytime!
Tom
Skip

Post by Skip »

I've been away from the forum for a while but I just finished reading this thread. I am so glad all You guys have recovered or are in the process.
My wife had it back in August but it wasn't too bad for her. I went with her when she got tested to go back to work and I was negative. I get the second round of the vaccine Tuesday. Lord, I can't wait for this mess to be over.
No Guts, No Glory!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Been home 13 days. No reserve. Very little effort results in breathlessness. I do think that I am getting "Mo Betta" each day. While Smoke was incarcerated, we texted and talked daily. I think Smoke had it much worse than me. Thank goodness he also pulled through. I still can not shoot a match or even a ammo test, but looking forward to it.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Been home 13 days. No reserve. Very little effort results in breathlessness. I do think that I am getting "Mo Betta" each day. While Smoke was incarcerated, we texted and talked daily. I think Smoke had it much worse than me. Thank goodness he also pulled through. I still can not shoot a match or even a ammo test, but looking forward to it.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

I am glad to hear that you guys are improving and on the road to recovery. - Mike
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Woody, hang in there it does get better. When I came home from hospital 11/3 I could not roll over in bed without getting out of breath. Getting from bedroom to bathroom would leave me gasping for breath and that was while ON HOME OXYGEN! I did not have the strength to walk up the 3 steps on my front porch. Each day I tried to do or walk just a little bit farther. I'm still weak but light years ahead now where I was. This past weekend walked 1-2 miles each day in hilly terrain while deer hunting carrying a 25 lb pack and a rifle. Didn't have to stop once to catch breath. I'm convinced this covid thing does something to your lungs/muscles. My physical therapist is a young girl in her early 30's who had covid in spring of 2020 and says it was only a mild case. She is a runner and even now has trouble keeping up with her regular running buddies.I figure it's going to take me 6-12 months to get back into pre-illness shape. I did lose 41 lbs while in hospital/ventilator so I did get something out of it. :D
Keith Lay
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Hell of a way to lose weight Keith! So glad you are on the mend. - Mike
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Thanks Michael. Not an advisable way to lose weight for sure.
Keith Lay
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

I'm back guys just now made it back to the computer from being sick. I have physical therapist started to work with me tomorrow. I could only walk from the living room to the bedroom, about 25'. I can now walk about 50' all the way to the bathroom. Now that is with a walker and on oxygen. But I'm feeling better as far as covid goes. I still have a kidney stone the doc. is giving me two weeks to pass that rascal. That 2 weeks will give my lungs time to improve and if it is still there they are going to remove it.

I want to thank everyone on here and the ones that have called and gave me a lot of encouragement. Most of all thank you all for the prayers very much. But don't stop praying yet I would like to get this stone out of here. :D
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
Ted Tompkins

Post by Ted Tompkins »

Hey Coltsmoke I'm sure glad to hear you are getting better. I have been lucky and have not had the virus but I have had kidney stones. That is miserable all by itself.

I'll sure put in a prayer for you and Woody and Doc Lay and all the rest of the people that got hit with that virus. We need our shooting buddies to be alive and well. There are a lot more social events also called shooting matches we need to go to.

Take care and get well soon!
Ted
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. Will Rogers 1879 -1935
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Thank you my friend.
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Thank you my friend.
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Thank you my friend.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I see you picked up a stutter now. LOL

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

I see you picked up a stutter now. LOL

Woody
Richard A. Wood