King of Two Miles

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

King of Two Miles

Post by mdeland »

You might want to bring this up on the net. Pretty cool shooting at really long range! Shot at the Whittington center. First I ever heard of the shoot.
Glen Ring

Re: King of Two Miles

Post by Glen Ring »

Two miles doesn't seem all that far...until you see the little white dots on the sides of the mountains there!
One of the folks putting that match on drove as far as possible in a 4 wheeler and then lowered , by rope, the very heavy steel targets down the side of the mountain and then secured them. There was a LOT of work done to put on that match a couple of years ago. One guy was really working his ballistics program trying to get that first shot on target. That's the reason we LOVE that place. There is SO much shooting going on. The local folks plinking on the small ranges, the WONDERFUL sporting clays ranges and then events like the two mile shoot..

We hope we'll always be able to shoot there.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
hueyw

Post by hueyw »

check you tube, king of two miles. series filmed a couple years ago, scoring is somewhat explained but hard to understand.
you might shoot five shots and be done. it is shot in several countries. as glenn said there is a ton of prep.
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

couple guys at Lodi I usually talk with do that shoot. Its done by invitation only from what I gathered. They usually practice at 1k, and both use the 460 Styer round. I have seen the 1000yd target and would have never believed the 5/8ths 5 shot C to C unless I seen it!!!. They use a device on their scopes as well, if I remember it was called a "charlie"?? it was said to add likw 300min to the scope, without having to put all that in a scope base. They were some where out west this summer shooting 3300yd all I know is thats a LONG damm ways!!

Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

When David Tubbs didn't make the final round you know it is really tough sledding !
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

ohhh yeah!!

I have one of David's T7T triggers in my custom rem700. Best trigger I have ever put finger to. They aint cheap, but they are worth it for sure
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

It's amazing they can hit those targets at all up on the side of a mountain like that with all the various wind vectors and light angles at play in 2 miles of this uneven terrain.
If you have ever done much light plane flying around this kind of terrain you will get a pretty good idea of how irregular air moves in and around mountains.