Clang "n" Bang tomorrow

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

Clang "n" Bang tomorrow

Post by mdeland »

Last one was two months ago and man was it cold and windy. Should be a good day tomorrow with a high of 26 F, cloudy and low wind.
I'm going to shoot the match Roller in 2.1 and the 43 Spanish roller for chickens and perhaps pigs. I didn't get a chance to test the new bullet and load for the .357 Max Martini over the holidays so it's been a while since I unlimbered the 2.1 match roller.
Good way to kick off "21" , no ? Now if we can get a few gun shows going again , I'm kinda going through withdrawal from the dearth of them! :lol:
semtav

Re: Clang "n" Bang tomorrow

Post by semtav »

Have fun. Been a nice winter for it.
mdeland

Re: Clang "n" Bang tomorrow

Post by mdeland »

Well Fooey, just got a call from Sommerset (match director) as I was about to head out the door, that the range at Birchwood canceled the match on us at the last minute. Boy, getting all excited about a good shoot and then having the rug jerked out from under you is the pits! Ah well something else good will pop up in it's place I expect! :lol:
I know, I think I'll head out there anyway and work up that load for the Martini 357 Max as the range will still be open for individuals.
I would also like to test an idea I've been thinking on of how to seal the nipples off in a percussion revolver, under the percussion cap ,for foul weather shooting. One of the ideas I came up with to try is rubbing a bit of bees wax into the nipple hole under the percussion cap. That would sure enough seal it but would the cap brisanance have enough heat to blow the nipple port clear and consume the wax without contaminating the powder underneath and keep it from detonating. I figure if it will reliable light the fire in cold weather it should work in all instances but testing will tell for sure. I kind of doubt it can work but bees wax just might do the trick. I won't load a ball in the chamber but only some wads to test the idea.