Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

art ruggiero

the era

Post by art ruggiero »

the NRA is filing for bankruptcy art
Gussy

Re: the era

Post by Gussy »

And moving out of NY to Texas to reorganize.

Why any gun organization or manufacturer is anywhere in the anti gun area of the north eastern I don't understand. There's a lot of friendly states.
bobw

Post by bobw »

I visit a few sites ol wlp has totally crapped on dues paying members.I don't think it matters where the move to most members feel betrayed and think not one more dime until wlp goes down the road. It could be a viable org again with 1/3 the directors(all new) and new bylaws preventing the same choke hold as wlp has. I'll say it, because nobody has or wants to think it but whittington ctr is toast waiting to happen. The last 2-3 years wlp destroyed the NRA completely ,soon the anti gun crowd will just stomp thru the ashes.
bobw
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

rom the NRA Q&A page -- https://www.nraforward.org/questionsanswers

"What did the NRA announce?

"This is a transformational moment for the NRA. We announced a new strategic plan called Project Freedom.

"The NRA’s new strategic plan involves pursuing reincorporating the Association from the State of New York to the State of Texas – home to more than 400,000 NRA members and site of the 2021 NRA Annual Meeting being held in Houston.

"The NRA’s restructuring plan also aims to help the NRA streamline costs and expenses, proceed with pending litigation in a coordinated and structured manner, and realize many financial and strategic advantages.

"We believe the restructuring plan positions our organization for the future – and ensures our continued success as the nation’s leading advocate for constitutional freedom.

"Is the NRA going 'bankrupt?'

"No. In fact, this move comes at a time when the NRA is in its strongest financial condition in years.

"To facilitate its reorganization, the NRA and one of its subsidiaries filed voluntary chapter 11 petitions in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division. The NRA is not insolvent. [bold added: RCN]

"We expect no impacts to NRA programming.

"Nothing is more important to the NRA than protecting the Second Amendment rights of our law-abiding members. We will be as effective as ever in advocating for your rights, promoting firearms education and training, and engaging in public endeavors.

"What happens to my NRA membership?

"Nothing. Your membership remains intact

"NRA supporters will continue to enjoy all their full member benefits – from new members to Life Members to Benefactor Members. We will continue to publish and deliver your magazines. We will continue to train Americans and teach them firearms safety. We will continue to teach hunter safety."
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I'll not send them another dime as long as Lapierre is in charge. I've told them that whenever they call me for more $$$. We need to get that lying,cheating corrupt SOB out of there.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

Yes, I have also sent back funds solicitations with "NO Money until WLP is Gone".
and NOT with a Golden Parachute
beltfed/arnie
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

I agree totally with you John, but we have ranges out here in the west where you cannot shoot a match unless you are an NRA member. I believe WLP and the entire Executive board needs to be dismissed. WLP has been diverting our dues for years. I buy my clothes at Costco. Where the hell does WLP shop to spend so much of our money. And it is our money. We are the fools here.
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

Michael Johnson wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:04 pm And it is our money. We are the fools here.
Then ask for it back :wink:
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
Blackstone

Post by Blackstone »

John Bly wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:31 pm I'll not send them another dime as long as Lapierre is in charge. I've told them that whenever they call me for more $$$. We need to get that lying,cheating corrupt SOB out of there.
I'm 100% with ya on that John
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

I don't think any one that actually shoots cares for Lapierre but the organization is important to us as a strong lobby to keep the second amendment. Wither we agree with all of it's tenets or not it is still the biggest stick we have to support shooters.
Just like anything that politics and greed corrupts it is still a necessary evil that periodically needs a purge!
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

where was nra during the last election? art
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Well, it's about like Trump , you may hate his guts as a person but take a moment and think what it/he has actually done instead of focusing on your emotions of the moment and compare that to what reality would be without It's/ his effluence.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I'll continue my membership and continue going to the whittington center as much as possible.
The left liberals still fear the NRA and it's lawsuits....and besides...who's going to file lawsuits reference firearm ownership ?
Most folks have never even ran a match, much less been in a court room for anything other than jury duty.
I shop at wal-mart almost every day...and I don't care how rich the waltons have become, the stores have what I need .
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
drcook

Post by drcook »

I would like for them to get rid of InfoCision. The NRA uses InfoCision to solicit funds for them. InfoCision keeps the majority of the money. They also have had this to deal with

https://www.tousley.com/cases/nra-and-i ... ass-action

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-nra-i ... -campaigns

InfoCision is based about 8 miles north of me in Bath, Ohio. I consider them to be a low class company.

As long as they get the majority of the money I will not contribute to the NRA anymore.
Ackerman McQueen isn’t the NRA’s only highly-paid contractor. The NRA paid Akron-based Infocision, a telemarketing giant that specializes in political and nonprofit fundraising, $24.3 million in 2017. The same company is no stranger to regulatory scrutiny, having agreed to pay a $250,000 settlement after a federal agency accused it of lying to donors. Infocision asserts that it did nothing wrong.

The purpose of Infocision’s NRA contract is, at least ostensibly, to raise funds for the organization. But it actually keeps 100% of the credit card payments it collects from new and lapsed members and only hands over a portion of invoiced member dues. In total, Infocision kept half of all the money it collected in the course of NRA fundraising in 2017.
https://www.salon.com/2019/05/02/financ ... 0in%202017.
We thought about it for a long time Endeavor to persevere. And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Gussy wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:20 pm And moving out of NY to Texas to reorganize.
The NRA is not actually "moving" anywhere. Even if they are successful in reincorporating in TX they will not move anything other than some papers in a lawyers office somewhere in TX. Strictly a bunch of paper transactions they are hoping will allow them to keep screwing us, the members, with little or no interference.
Glenn