Mark Vaughn ......NRA Board of directors

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Mark Vaughn ......NRA Board of directors

Post by Glen Ring »

I hear my fair share of NRA bashing..seems like it's the IN thing to do to talk bad about an entire organization based on someone's perceived bad experience with one incident or person.
I often heard citizens tales about fat, smart ass Police officers that wouldn't help the citizen and when I told them " We hate them also" but we that stay in shape and work hard to help or save someone should not be judged the same as that ONE person...they understood.

Mark Vaughn is from Oklahoma. Mark is the Vice president of my gun club and is on the NRA board of directors. Mark is a VOLUNTEER with the Oklahoma County sheriff's office as a sniper. Mark gets NO compensation and uses his own equipment paid for out of his pocket.

In 2014 Mark was at work and an Islamic terrorist Killed a woman at his work place and CUT HER HEAD OFF!! That's right..CUT HER FRIGGIN HEAD OFF!!
The terrorist attacked another woman and was trying to CUT HER FRIGGIN head off when mark SHOT HIM! Yep, Mark saved many lives when he SHOT a terrorist. The terrorist lived and is awaiting execution. Mark still goes to work and trains and volunteers.

When I hear folks complain about the NRA I think about Mark...who is on the board of directors and is a SUPER nice and VERY approachable man. Mark is the NRA for me and I am proud he is from Oklahoma.

Yep...I respect Mark a LOT and believe there are more " Marks' at the NRA than some would make you believe.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Kenny Wasserburger

Re: Mark Vaughn ......NRA Board of directors

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Mark sounds like a great person no doubt. I have met several Board members over the years, HJ Walt Walters is another straight shooter.

I have never read any complaint about board members, most of the complaints are with actual NRA employees, chiefly those in competitions. Who flat out lied, or never followed through with what they promised. I have had several personal experiences with 2 different former employees as I just mentioned. Some have been darn good, though. Joe Cashwell, George Harris, Jonathan Leighton, all before your time Glen. Including the bad ones.

So try not to be so dismissive, of others sour experiences with actual NRA Employees. They actually happened.

This Mark guy sound like a great individual, and I believe your accounting of him, but he is on the board of directors, not an employee of the NRA.

The Lunger
KW
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

The past is the past..keep on moving or remain stuck in it. We have a shooter who didn't get an award decades ago and whines about it all the time. He cannot move forward and will remain a whiner until he crosses the river Jordan. If you have a point of contention take it up with that person. Aaron Farmer tried to do the right thing with competitions and all he heard was about old so and so from decades ago. One of our Oklahoma shooters was an asshole to him and I'll never talk to that shooter again. AAron got really tired of hearing things about the past that he had no control over, as have most of us shooters . Specific events and specific actions need to be addressed...specifically and in a timely manner.
Kenny Wasserburger

I thought Aaron did a fine job, I have an award he made himself. He took steps in the right direction, is he still employed by the NRA?

Kenny
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Kenny Wasserburger

Glen,
I sincerely hope, you never have a National record set, and then through the incompetent actions of the competition division, never receive the proper recognition for it. National records and achieving one are kind of a big deal, to most shooters.

KW

DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Kenny,

He's saved himself that experience he uses pyrodex.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Aaron was excited about BPCR as was Jeanne and I. Cole McCullough advised Aaron to put on a paper match for the BPCR shooters at Raton and the NRA spent a bunch of money and time trying to make that happen. There wasn't very much interest showed and then someone came on Shilo and printed the match had been cancelled...which it was not. There was much confusion because of what that unauthorized person did and it killed the interest in that match. With very few signing up the match was gone.
Aaron LOVED BPCR silhouette and was in the market for a gun.... but I think the drama made him tired. Aaron is still pro shooter and is probably doing 3 gun, but he quit the competitions division.

The future can be manipulated , the past cannot be changed.

Time to roll on with it. If specific events require a specific action they should be addressed in a specific manner and in a timely fashion. Any match that we have been involved in were always shooter friendly and specific events were handled in a timely and legal manner. No need to look back decades ..that changes nothing.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Yes. And the specific action by the board of the NRA is that they should get rid of ALL the people at the top who are the NRA's "deep state" and start over with fresh folks who have the members best interests as their mission.
Glenn
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Write them Glenn...give specifics as to why and who. Heck, put them on here.
Competitions is a VERY small part of the NRA.
I think the NRA does a pretty good job with competitions, but..and this is a BIG IF..If the Silhouette committee flys out to where ever and is housed in a fancy hotel and mucho money spent on the silhouette meeting, you'll see Jeanne's head Spin Like Linda Blair's did in the Exorcist!!
That meeting can be done remotely and cost Zippo.

I am a big NRA fan, but if that happens I will be VERY disappointed with the entire committee ...and Jeanne's head will be spinning and she'll have a strange voice coming out of her face shouting EXPLETIVES !! In 43 years of marriage I have seen this!
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

If you go to a restaurant 10 times and the food and service are poor, will you go back? Maybe you should just say the past is the past and go try it again? I don't think so, they will have to prove to me they have changed before I am interested in trying it again. There is an old saying that goes "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me." Let me tell you, NRA competitions is one SHITTY restaurant.

You are known by the people you associate with and I don't want any association with the lies and corruption of the NRA.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

That's good...don't pay the dues and be on your way. Good luck and happy trails to you.
Same with me and negative people..I "let them go"
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Damn, I thought you had me blocked.

I don't need any luck and my trails are always happy, but they won't be leading to any NRA ran event mostly there won't be any. They have already run off all the customers. That's ok because as the BPTRA and 22 BPCR have shown, better matches without the NRA.

Glenn, you live in some kind of fairy land where you think there are only a few that despise NRA competitions and everyone loves you. In case you are wondering, both of those are false. It was amazing the interest we had at the big bore match last year when people heard the NRA was not going to be involved. LOTS of shooters will not come back to an NRA ran event. I have also seen how you treat people that won't bow down to you, and it ain't pretty. Given a little power, you turn into a miserable bully to anyone that does not agree with you. The way the Rice family was treated at the last National match was unforgivable.
You keep confusing negative with realistic.
Cody
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

No confusion here Negative boy..now skat
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Dear Cody
You are wrong . Now scat young man..grown men are having a conversation here...and it's a positive conversation. We are talking about shooting and having fun. No room for negative folks.
bobw

Post by bobw »

jackrabbit wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:09 pm If you go to a restaurant 10 times and the food and service are poor, will you go back? Maybe you should just say the past is the past and go try it again? I don't think so, they will have to prove to me they have changed before I am interested in trying it again. There is an old saying that goes "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me." Let me tell you, NRA competitions is one SHITTY restaurant.

You are known by the people you associate with and I don't want any association with the lies and corruption of the NRA.
Never met jackrabbit, never been to one of his shoots. I do know that everyone who attends his shoots are allways happy with the way they are run and were glad they went. Never once in all the years that he has been doing them have I heard anyone bitch about his shoots.From this , because I know or have atleast met said individuals who do attend his shoots. His shoots aren't run by the NRA the money generated isn't t pissed away by WLP and his crony's. The Quigley isn't run by the NRA either and never will be and I can tell you for a fact that they don't care what outsiders think about how things should be run in their backyard. If you don't like it stay home or shoot somewhere else.
The one thing that keeps coming out on your posts Glen Ring is that you think you are the only one entitled to an opinion on anything. Curious ,your a biden voter aren't you.? That's why you have a problem with Cody having his own opinion. Bobw
bobw