Big Foot Hunting season

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Re: Big Foot Hunting season

Post by Glen Ring »

I taught at OSU OKC in the Police science department under Dan Johnson. I really admired him. I had retired at OCPD, and was working at the Da's office.
I use your area in an example to young folks about short cuts. 1975 and I was delivering bricks in a big truck. I was in Antlers and took a short cut to Atoka. I went over a damn big mountain, it was all gravel and the bottom was filled with water. It took hours and I Barely forded deep creek with the flat bed.
When I hit the highway, workers asked me if I had taken the shortcut and couldn't believe I had made it. NO SHORTCUTS IN LIFE.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Glen Ring wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:50 pm
NO SHORTCUTS IN LIFE.
Wives especially, take a dim view of shortcuts. Especially when the highway turns into a dirt road, its raining and you're driving a Gremlin.

Amazing how many things you can look back on 35-40 yrs later and laugh about !! NOW !!

Life would be awful boring without those memories.
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Just think, this elected official is paid good taxpayer money with a retirement program and probably health care too and he/she submits pending ludicrous legislation such as this. And elected officials wonder why the tax paying public distrusts and laughs at them.
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

don't worry ray,
you can bet that there is someone somewhere that believes in bigfoot, or believes that bigfoot is a conspiracy.
from the elected official's point of view, he has made a number of sales.
while you might be tempted to blame the official, it is really those he panders to that should wear this.
now why do we lump politicians in with used car salesmen etc?
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

Reminds me of the famous Hodag of the Rhinelander, WI area.
Not to forget the Skeeterbees.
Yellowhouse

Post by Yellowhouse »

Glen Ring wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:50 pm I taught at OSU OKC in the Police science department under Dan Johnson. I really admired him. I had retired at OCPD, and was working at the Da's office.
I use your area in an example to young folks about short cuts. 1975 and I was delivering bricks in a big truck. I was in Antlers and took a short cut to Atoka. I went over a damn big mountain, it was all gravel and the bottom was filled with water. It took hours and I Barely forded deep creek with the flat bed.
When I hit the highway, workers asked me if I had taken the shortcut and couldn't believe I had made it. NO SHORTCUTS IN LIFE.
Ha. Its a wonder you're still not over there!
Sam