RCBS Brass

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

MSalyards

RCBS Brass

Post by MSalyards »

I found 2 new unfired boxes of RCBS 45/120 brass for a pretty good price and was wondering if I could cut it down to 45/110 . Was this brass any good and would that work? Thanks, Mike.
bpcr shooter

Re: RCBS Brass

Post by bpcr shooter »

sure it will work, If you want to shoot it a lot, I wouldn't as finding more of it would most likely be pretty tough. The 110 is pretty hard to get brass for but keep your eye peeled and there are places that get it in, Norma is a good brand. You can also take 45-100 brass and stretch it to 110. Starline has 45-100 in stock usually so thats an option as well There are a few here who shoot the 110 and im sure they will chime in with there thoughts.

Matt
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

sure it will work, If you want to shoot it a lot, I wouldn't as finding more of it would most likely be pretty tough. The 110 is pretty hard to get brass for but keep your eye peeled and there are places that get it in, Norma is a good brand. You can also take 45-100 brass and stretch it to 110. Starline has 45-100 in stock usually so thats an option as well There are a few here who shoot the 110 and im sure they will chime in with there thoughts.

Matt
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
bobw

Post by bobw »

More than likely would be pissing away it's value to shorten for 110 use. Probably worth $60+/ 20 as 45 basic for someone who needs it. Someone on here posted 45 norma 2.9 at Optics Planet for $1.70 a case
Bobw
bobw
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Yes you can cut it down to get your rifle started up and running a little, until you can find more brass. But if you're just using that rifle for hunting/pllnking that 40 rounds will most likely suffice.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

bobw wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:04 pm More than likely would be pissing away it's value to shorten for 110 use. Probably worth $60+/ 20 as 45 basic for someone who needs it. Someone on here posted 45 norma 2.9 at Optics Planet for $1.70 a case
Bobw
Ya I have some on order, Thanks.

Mike
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

Don McDowell wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:27 pm Yes you can cut it down to get your rifle started up and running a little, until you can find more brass. But if you're just using that rifle for hunting/pllnking that 40 rounds will most likely suffice.
It would just be extra. Was just thinking about getting it to have around. I have some and more on order.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Never pass up a good deal on long brass.
I acquired 60 rounds of it not long ago.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Having extra around is never a bad idea. If you have enough brass for the rifle already, you may want to just set this brass aside and not mess with it until you need it.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?