Ruger Old Army Gunsmith?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Rum River

Ruger Old Army Gunsmith?

Post by Rum River »

Anyone aware of a smith who's known for this type of work?

One of my gunshop haunts let me know they had a very unique Ruger Old Army they figured I'd be interested in.

They were right.

It's been heavily customized for what I'm guessing is some form of bullseye handgun competition.
I'm still playing with different load combinations to see what will make it sing - but I have no doubt I'll find it.

I've already checked with Hamilton Bowen, Alex Hamilton, Dave Clements and Jack Huntington - none of them did the mods.
Trying to research by way of the gunshop and the fellow they got it from has been a dry well.
Ruger 1a.JPG
Ruger 2.jpg
Ruger 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Well hell boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch'a damn strangers."
Glen Ring

Re: Ruger Old Army Gunsmith?

Post by Glen Ring »

Pretty darn cool !!!
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
longshot10x

Post by longshot10x »

Take it over to the Ruger forums. They may have an answer.
Well boys lets go do something even if it is wrong!
Rum River

Post by Rum River »

Good idea - done.
"Well hell boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch'a damn strangers."
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

I've seen that gun before over on the muzzle loading forum I frequent. Nice work, the idea was to cut down on the powder volume so as not to have to use filler over the powder to get the ball compress seated in the chamber mouth. Usually the most accurate loads are in 20-22 grain area of 3F BP in .44-45 cal bores.
Pretty easy, straight forward conversion really as no timing issues need to be addressed.
Rum River

Post by Rum River »

ttt