Red Willow Ballard 22lr

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

patchbox

Re: Red Willow Ballard 22lr

Post by patchbox »

More info:

When the company sold in 2008 and the owner moved it to his farm in Michigan, not a single employee was willing to leave Wyoming and go to Michigan! The new owner hired master gunsmith Steve Durren to run the company, but the owner was unable to hire any other talent. And he was very disorganized as a business owner, and dropped the ball often as it pertained to doing the books, and keeping the business running smoothly. Steve could see the handwriting on the wall, and after a year he left and went back to Johnson's Sporting Goods where he was prior to the job.
What has everyone puzzled is what happened to all of the equipment, tooling, and parts that were at the Michigan location when they locked the doors? Numerous people have tried to buy whatever leftover inventory he has, but can't even get a response from the owner? He had built a big metal building to manufacture Ballard rifles in, and store parts inventory in, and it still stands on the property. I've done a Google earth view of the site occasionally, and nothing changes. But unless somebody can physically go to the place, and talk with the owner, it's going to remain a mystery about where things stand there since they closed the doors a decade ago.

9562 Sand Lake Hwy. Onstead, Mi.
pacecars

Re: Red Willow Ballard 22lr

Post by pacecars »

They know Ballards. They have saved me from myself a couple times on them
Real gun powder is black.