Bill Bagwell

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Re: Bill Bagwell

Post by desert deuce »

Don't know what to say. :(
Obviously he lives in our memories.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Dennis Armistead

Post by Dennis Armistead »

All I can say is "shit". This year is starting out bad. I like to think that Dan, Steve and Bill are in a better place now. He'll be remembered.
Dennis
Experience trumps intelligence every time.
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Bad news indeed. I've had several conversations with him on the phone or back when he was at the Q. Always hoped he'd make another Q. Not many with his knowledge. He will be missed!!
Gus
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

when you hear those booms at night its not thunder its bill and those guys shooting long range rip art
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

I’ve spent countless hours talking with Bill on the phone over the past ten years. Bill, I will truly miss our Sunday morning talks. Until we meet again, my friend!

Stephen
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

I never had the opportunity to speak directly with Bill but benefited from his advice and experience indirectly on more than one occasion.His 'no nonsense ' approach to answering queries , based on personal experience rather than theory was sometimes misread but it clearly was just 'his way'. Blessings to his family and close friends. RIP Bill.
. Gavin.
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
trapper

Post by trapper »

I talked with Bill on several occasions over the years. He was very helpful when it came to hunting with my Shiloh Sharps. I have been fallowing his guidenes for several years. He spoke very highly of many of the posters on this sight. He will be missed.

Trapper
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
Don Kenna

Post by Don Kenna »

Bill’s passing is a great loss to the shooting community and a great many of us personally. I had followed Bill’s knifemaking work since the 1970s, and was honored to first meet him at a silhouette match about twenty years ago. We met several times in subsequent years, and both Sidra and he were always gracious, generous with their time, and full of good humor. Bill was very knowledgeable on many subjects. Condolences to Sidra.
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Damn, hate to see this. I talked to Bill the day before his neck surgery. Have a couple of his bowies, he was a gifted knifemaker. The world is definitely a less interesting place without Bill. Prayers sent to Sidra.
Keith
mannyspd1

Post by mannyspd1 »

I met Bill online, on this forum, years ago. We eventually planned and went on a 12 day hunt to Africa with our Shiloh's, him with his 45-110 and me with my 50-90.

Bill taught me a lot about shooting paper patch bullets, and gave advice regarding the purchase of my 45-70 Business Rifle and 45-110 No. 3. He never did care for my 50-90!

Bill was a great travel companion and teacher. I am proud to say he was my friend. RIP Bill.

Manny
Speak softly and carry a big stick...the exercise of intelligent forethought and of decisive action sufficiently far in advance of any likely crisis
TR
TAA

Post by TAA »

I too “met” him on line. This was a few years back. When I saw this I knew I recognized his name. He invited me to call him to discuss the basics of BP cartridge loading. Learned a lot from him.

Tom