Prayers Needed

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Tebbeman

Prayers Needed

Post by Tebbeman »

Please keep Harold and Paulette Forcum in your prayers as they are facing some serious health issues. I'd rather not share personal information regarding each of them as it's not my place, however the Directors and Staff of the 22BPCRA have wiped many tears after hearing the news. God has a plan and sometimes it hurts us but it's to His glory.

Kenny T
Pres, 22BPCRA
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul & the other for your Freedom!
desert deuce

Re: Prayers Needed

Post by desert deuce »

Done....both are legends in our world.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Two of most god loving folks on the the planet. Prayers for them, their family and the entire .22 BPCRA family who are having their hearts torn out during this terrible time. May they find peace knowing we are all offering your prayers.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Always a good and helpful voice of reason in this sport. Both of them. My heart goes out to them. Harold and Paulette took me under their wing at my first national in 1999. May the Lord look upon them in this time of need and be gentle and kind.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Kenny,

We're praying for Harold and Paulette. Not sure what the issues are, but God is, and He has them in His powerful hand.

Clarence
LazyM

Post by LazyM »

I know not these two, but know they are part of our community, therefore, I offer prayers for all concerned.
LazyM

Post by LazyM »

I know not these two, but know they are part of our community, therefore, I offer prayers for all concerned.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

i don't know them either but that is irrelevant and am on the job! Thanks for the opportunity to bless some one in need!
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Harold and Paulette are some of the founders of both BPCR silhouette and 22 BPCR as well as the 22 BPCRA and are from Kingman Kansas. Their contributions to our sport are numerous, and I will only attempt to name a few. Harold was involved very early with BPCR silhouette and as a very accomplished machinist contributed greatly to shaping the equipment we use today. Besides lots of gunsmithing involving experimenting with calibers, cartridges, twist rates, bullets, etc, I think it is important he should be best known for being the father of the modern Soule sight. He found a collector that had a very rare original and received permission to examine and measure it. From his notes, he went home and built quite a few of them and sold them to shooters. When Jim Gier of Montana Vintage Arms became interested in manufacturing them in greater quantity, Harold gladly helped him set up to do so.

When the ideas for 22 BPCR came around, Harold and Paulette were very enthusiast supporters. Besides being a ton of fun, I think they liked it most for being a family event. Moms, Dads, Grandmas and Grandpas and kids can all enjoy it together, and do. Paulette was a founding member of the 22 BPCRA and still serves as our vice-president. Harold was also a very accomplished wood worker and made beautiful shooting and cartridge boxes. They have been a staple donation to matches across the country for countless years and are always coveted when received. Besides the beauty of the boxes, you can feel the love in each one when you open it.

Above all I am sure they would like to be remembered as devout Warriors of Jesus Christ. Never have I met a man so humble and so willing to share the wonderful message of Jesus as Harold. Just being in his presence made you want to be a better man and I felt proud to be a fellow Christian. Thank you Harold and Paulette for all you have done for all of us, but mostly thank you for allowing us to know you. The privilege was truly ours.

As you may have surmised, Harold and Paulette's health is both quite poor. They are both at home hospice.
May the Lord be with you my friends,
Cody
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Prayers sent.
Keith Lay
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Glenn and I shared a quad in competitor housing with Harold and Paulette at Raton one year. Paulette was up at 4 AM each day and always had a full pot of coffee made up when the rest of us got up. They were good folks to share the quad with and I'll always remember how nice they were to the others there. Paulette always ran a tight ship at the 22 BPCR matches. I'm sorry to hear of their health issues. They are in my thoughts.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"