Cheyenne Gun Club

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

40-65rl

Re: Cheyenne Gun Club

Post by 40-65rl »

Once again you confuse fact with fiction to your benefit and create turmoil.
This what you posted When you asked about the targets:
by Glen Ring » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:06 pm
What do most of you prefer to shoot ...free standing or Pull reset 22 BPCR targets?

by Glen Ring » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:46 am
..and there you have it. Just a poll to see what most like for our upcoming regional next month. It's a lot of work, but I think we'll try to go with the free standing targets. I'm with Kenny..I giggle each time I send a little chicken flying. The resets are GREAT for the bigger matches and Dan has done a fantastic job making them.

by Glen Ring » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:09 pm
We shot 22 BPCR at Oklahoma City today and had a couple of problems with targets going down. Deflector plate hits took down chickens and solid hits on rams left a few standing.
We have decided to use free standing targets at our regional next month.
The 22 BPCR match on Friday will be a 40 shot match on free standing targets and in the afternoon we can have a side match on 10th scale pigs at 200 meters ( yes..200 meters. air rifle pigs ) or everyone can practice for Saturday's match .

by Glen Ring » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:37 pm
We shot a 60 round BPCR 22 match today at Oklahoma city using free standing targets. They are well maintained targets on good rails.
There were several rams rung, and a few pigs with marginal and good solid hits.
We set up the reset chicken targets that were revamped by Dan Zimmerman and everyone had a wack at them....NO problems.

If the guys are available to help we'll have reset targets as I can see no difference in reliability when hit.

There were 32 posts to your inquiry about using free stand or resetting targets. Yes I did respond, but never said I would not shoot there and did, in fact, shoot in your match, with resetting targets. You conveyed to Dan something I did not say just to get someone in trouble. Your behavior is inexcusable.

I do no see anything being posted about getting you off this forum. Just another attempt at conflict. Please Glen give it up, relax, enjoy the sport, you may even enjoy using black powder.
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

40-65rl wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:09 pm Yes I did respond, but never said I would not shoot there and did, in fact, shoot in your match, with resetting targets. You conveyed to Dan something I did not say just to get someone in trouble.
Re: 22 BPCR targets

Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:14 pm
Glen the problem is rams and chickens at Nationals. I have never heard of anyone ringing a pig or turkey. The way the rams are mounted is what, I believe, the problem. Free standing rams only. We paid good money for target setters and then went to mechanical animals with half the setters. Huh! I have only ever rang four animals in 22 bpcr, that's over 20 years of shooting it. Three rams at the "new and improved" rams at Nationals to which the board of directors feel that taking a solid hit away from a shooter and giving a rail chicken is fair, but then what I know about how they decide how and who gets the animal count. I never heard a word about this rail chicken rule while I was at Nationals. So, if you ring an animal and the other guy hits three "rail chickens" and wins an award that is a fair competition? So who was lucky enough to be told about the rail chickens? The only other animal I rang was a ram at Kevin Griggs, rain match last year. A ram got a bunch of mud on it's feet and was basically stuck to the rail. Two of us rang it then Kevin fixed it. It did not count, of course, free standing targets. Fair is fair in that case.

It took the .22 BPCRA board four years to finally get the grand master class after being asked to consider it by three of the bigger match directors and multiple shooters. Three years to get the stool rule for our less able shooters to be able to compete and only one year to get the bench sticks approved. Think it is time for them to get their heads out of the sand and listen to the shooters. Appreciate what the "old timers" of the sport have done to get this sport going but come on folks get with it and make the tough decisions. Think the board cannot figure out how to resolve the problem so they just ignore it and hope no one will complain because it is the nationals. Take a note from BPCR and Target guys. Also I would really like to see a spread sheet of the financial status of this organization. Don't post it, mail it to each member once a year. Lots of money going in and with fewer setters, most awards being donated and the increase cost of membership, what is this $1 handling fee when I buy my book from a match director, no mailing cost??

Glen, I need to know if you are using those mechanical monsters or free standing before I head down for your match.
Thanks

Dick
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

There it is...and all this smoke and mirrors is trying to get someone to look the other way about your comments about Oklahoma City Gun Club Members.

Something to the effect That there are club members that live close to the club, where the hell are they?..and Too bad mike couldn't get other club members to help him...not verbatim but close enough. You put it out Dick. Getting an old man in trouble? That is funny. Who sat with you in the cool office to make sure you were OK? Who set up the office so you wouldn't overheat and stroke? We did Dick. To spite all that BS we took care of you. We tolerated you when you whined about other people not moving up in class Dick, we tolerated you when you DEMANDED Kevin Alexander be moved to AAA when he was obviously a AA at the time...you even drew a big line from kevin's name to the AAA column trying to make a point. We had it covered Dick..we had YOU covered Dick, we made sure YOU had a safe good match Dick. I meant it when I said 'you talked us out of a trip to the Cheyenne range.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

You are my hero Glen.
Toxic discussion with the best.
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Glen Ring wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:45 pm We tolerated you when you whined about other people not moving up in class Dick, we tolerated you when you DEMANDED Kevin Alexander be moved to AAA when he was obviously a AA at the time...you even drew a big line from kevin's name to the AAA column trying to make a point.
I was actually in A class and got bumped up to AA at that match and I’m still in AA class. Every time I was needing just 1 more AAA score to move up a class that very match the wind would blow 40 freaking mph. Every dam time. I don’t care what class I shoot in, I just like the game. Next time slide me up to master class if someone wants me there. That match in OKC was my funnest match to date.

KA
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Kevin,
You shot very well, a AAA score with a patched bullet if I remember correctly. We were both in A class not AA and you moved up to AA after the match.
You will make AAA, you were a real gentleman and I wasn't. My apology for that but my real complaint was not with you but it did effect you. Again my apology to you for my actions.
Hope to see you again so I can say that in person.
Dick
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

40-65rl wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:16 pm Kevin,
You shot very well, a AAA score with a patched bullet if I remember correctly. We were both in A class not AA and you moved up to AA after the match.
You will make AAA, you were a real gentleman and I wasn't. My apology for that but my real complaint was not with you but it did effect you. Again my apology to you for my actions.
Dick
No harm no foul Dick. Like I said, my score and competing against others doesn’t matter much to me. When I show up, I have 1 person to beat, myself.
And yes I was shooting a PPB and at that match and I was shooting way above my pay grade.You got a good memory. Life is short guys, I just want to have fun and look good doing it.

KA
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Thank you Kevin
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

VectorMan wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:29 pm
40-65rl wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:16 pm Kevin,
Dick
Life is short guys, I just want to have fun and look good doing it.

KA
I worked with a guy that said kinda the same thing. he said " Life is short, I want to have fun and look good naked".... I never drank beer with him after that !!
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Come on Glen, let’s call a truce. I am an asshole and so are you. See ya at the range.
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

40-65rl wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:10 pm Come on Glen, let’s call a truce. I am an asshole and so are you. See ya at the range.
:lol:
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

VectorMan wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:06 pm
That match in OKC was my funnest match to date.

KA
I enjoyed putting on that match also.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I worked with a really tough guy during my undercover narcotics days. When we were buying dope off bad guys and things would get tense, when the bad guys would pull out their guns and say "Gimme the money motherfucker" My bud would just stare at them and say " MR. Motherfucker to you!'...and then us and the bad guys would all have a laugh, the deal would be done and we all got along in future deals...so

I'm MR. Asshole :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

There's an old country song about assholes, and it has a line that says, "you've been an asshole all your life, and you have an asshole for a wife." That may apply here. (Referring to myself, of course.)

Now I'll have that song in my head the rest of the night,
SteveA

Post by SteveA »