Cheyenne Gun Club

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Cheyenne Gun Club

Post by Glen Ring »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 7670847448
Looks Like a Place Jeanne and I will want to shoot at this summer
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
40-65rl

Re: Cheyenne Gun Club

Post by 40-65rl »

here are the mid range target dates for 2021:
2021 CHEYENNE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB
BPCR MIDRANGE MATCHES

SATURDAY JUNE 26, 2021
SATURDAY JULY 24, 2021
TUESDAY AUGUST 10, 2021
SATURDAY AUGUST 28, 2021

TIME: 8:00 A.M. Sign in. 9:00 A.M. – Firing commences.

LOCATION: Cheyenne Rifle & Pistol Club Outdoor Range – 10 miles northwest of Cheyenne, WY. Go north on Interstate 25 to Exit 16, Horse Creek Road, West on Horse Creek Road for 3.3 miles to Telephone Road go North on Telephone Road for 2 miles. Turn East on dirt road for ½ mile to range gate. The match will be shot at the high-power range on East end of range.

CAMPING: Camping is available at the Smithmoor Range, Carpenter, WY. Contact them for reservations. Thanks. Lots of hotels and very good restaurants in Cheyenne.

RULES: Black Powder Target Rifle Association (BPRA) Rules or .22 Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Association (BPCRA) apply. Membership in these organizations is encouraged but not required. Empty Chamber Indicators required and are available for loan or purchase at the match.

ENTRY: Advise Dick if you are attending for squading however, .22 Mid Range Nationals requires advance entry.

FEES: $15.00 for BPTRA, .22 BPCRA AND CRPC members, $20.00 for nonmembers.

Squads: 4 person squads based on entries. Target berms determined by match director.

June 26 Match: MR-Any, 30 shot mid-range any position, 10 shots each @ 200yds, 300yds, and 600yds, 4 sighters per distance. 25 minutes with 3-minute Prep Period.

July 24, 2021 Match: MR-Any 600, 30 shot midrange any position, three 10 shot strings all @ 600yds, 4 sighters per string total. 25 minutes with 3-minute prep period.

August 10 Match: .22 Mid-Range National Championship. 45 shots mid-range any position. 15 shots each 200-yard full size target, 300 and 600yard reduced size target all shot at 200 yards. 4 sighters per string total 20 minutes with 3-minute prep period.

August 28 Match: MR-Any 600, 30 shot midrange any position, three 10 shot strings all @ 600yds, 4 sighters per string total. 25 minutes with 3-minute prep period.

AWARDS PROVIDED after the match.

GENERAL: Shooters will score and operate targets.

FOOD/WATER: No food is provided. Water is available.

INFO: CONTACT Dick Hennebry at RHENNEBRY at bresnan dot net
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Dick
Do you guys shoot BPCR Silhouette there? Or Lever action Silhouette?
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

There is .22 bpcr, you can see the rails on the pistol silhouette range, none scheduled 2021 but I may have one or two on the Sunday after the mid range matches and we did shoot lever gun but no one has any interest in running those matches. Also there lever gun matches at Aurora, co, just down the road. There is just a ton of shooting in the area.
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

There is .22 bpcr, you can see the rails on the pistol silhouette range, none scheduled 2021 but I may have one or two on the Sunday after the mid range matches and we did shoot lever gun but no one has any interest in running those matches. Also there are lever gun matches at Aurora, co, just down the road. There is just a ton of shooting in the area. Smithmoor has bpcr silhouette on the third Saturday and Watkins, Colorado has bpcr silhouette the first Saturday of each month. BPCRA target scattered through the summer. All shooting within a short drive
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Good to know Dick. We hope this is our summer to travel a little. Jeanne has never been to Wyoming, so we'll visit that state and possibly Montana this summer.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I think we'll pass on shooting here Dick. You have talked us out of it.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Glen Ring wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:58 am I think we'll pass on shooting here Dick. You have talked us out of it.
Did you really need to post this crap :?: :roll:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

I have had it with you GLENN RING! You constantly come on here talking about unity, everybody get a long, blah, blah, blah, and then you do this SHIT! If you don't want to come, fine, but you don't have to get on here in the wide open public and tell the world you are not coming, while insinuating Dick Hennebry is a jerk. That is about the most divisive bunch of bullshit anyone could do.

The truth is, you were never going to come anyway. Why the hell would you want to? You have burned every friggin bridge in BPCR there is! Maybe you could have been squadded with Kenny Wasserburger and myself, while having about 10 others that hate you on either side? Wow! That would have been fun! Only a true ASSHOLE would even think about doing such a thing!

It is truly a relief you have ended all concern about you showing up in Wyoming. The tension, awkwardness, and miserableness would have been unbearable by all of us and I am sure pleasurable to yourself. You would have added absolutely nothing to the match, while simultaneously sucking all fun out of it, just like you do on the forum. You know nothing about BPCR, you can't hit due east, let alone make any kind of respectable score, and are the single most DEVISIVE piece of shit to every shoot BPCR. Why don't you do the world a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head and SWALLOW, you miserable PRICK!! Never have I ever wanted somebody to just go away as much as I do you.....

Go FUCK yourself,
Cody Smith
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Well said Cody and completely true, never have I regretted anyone getting into this sport more than Glen Ring.

BTW Glen, based on conversations I have had with the Match Directors, I am absolutely sure you have burned your bridges in Montana too so you can drop that 'possibility.'

Paul Lawrence
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

I don’t believe I could of said it better.

Perhaps too many years under cover pretending to be something you are not. You’re a chameleon, who preaches unity, yet as was expertly pointed out you are with out doubt the most divisive individual I have ever seen in this sport in my 25 years. You flip flop back and forth, do you even know who you are, and how you project yourself?

Sincerely doubt you will be welcome at any match outside your current circle.

I am glad you won’t be attending matches in Wyoming, I will enjoy the matches my long time friend Dick Hennebry puts on, without having to watch my back constantly.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

That was a direct response to Dick after he slammed our club members not only on here but other places as well. I was a gentleman when I said he " talked us out of it" using the phrase from Brent ref Dick talking him out of putting on a match. . As far as squad ding with anyone I would have fun regardless. . I'm 65 white hared and have experienced a lot...a few curse words is nothing to me. I know they are just posturing . . Now you boys taking offense at dialogue with someone else is YOUR problem. Calling folks names on a public forum . Childish. Now , ask Dick about what he said about my club members on here and other places reference tornado alley before you jump. I am no stranger to curse words, but I'm an old fashioned guy and prefer to do that out of earshot and view of the general public.

I don't know you Paul, have never met you. I may be in Montana this summer.

Have a good day gentlemen.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Glen, and with any luck, "never the twain shall meet." - R.K.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Ok Glen, here ya go,

This was my reply to Mike comment's on FB though Dave Wiese:
Dick Hennebry
Just didn't want Mike to feel he was out there without any support for his business and family situation while trying to keep this longest lasting .22 BPCR match going. As a match director I know about all the folks who are in the background that make a match go. Felt that if you needed help that we could get some headed your way. I for one would help in whatever way you or needed Mike. I understand your desire for a quality match, something that you have provided even before Dave and Pam passed. Sorry if I came across in any manner other than my 1000% support you Mike and your efforts now and in the past about this match. Wishing you the best in your move and hope business booms for you and your quality gun work business my friend.

Michael Bassett
thank you. I look forward to next year's match with luck it will be better than ever.

Now your Brent quote:
This is posted on Steelchickens:

John Henry wrote: ↑Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:06 am Finally, there will be a one-day long range BP match on the 1,000 yard range at Whittington.
Dick Hennebry:
Who is running this match, Jim?

BrentD wrote: ↑Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:00 pm You talked me out of it Dick.

~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.

Post by BrentD » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:54 pm
"40-65rl wrote: ↑Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:47 pm No you just took your toy and went home. Too bad you took a match away from a lot of folks who were looking forward to it. Trying to offer a suggestion based on years of match experience was wrong. I apologize for trying to run your match. However, there were several others who tried to offer insight also not just me. Here is my apology, please accept it."
Brent:
No Dick, you and Kenny did. 5 minutes after I posted my interest in doing it, you two were whining and telling me what I should be doing as if I had never been to a match in my life. Thanks. YOu made me remember how miserable some of the BPTR shooters can be and why hosting a match for the fun of getting a bunch of people the chance to shoot a grand isn't worth the aggravation from you two and a handful of others. Apparently, you know everything about long range matches so why don't you and Kenny put it on. Go for it.

Note the date of Feb 16. On Feb 17 you posted on Shiloh asking about the 1000 yard match knowing full well the discussion between Brent, who I still consider a friend and would shoot with him anytime, anywhere, You trying to stir the pot once again.

On Feb 27, on this forum, Jeanne posted a comment about the new match director was not going to get NRA approval and that they should "BE AWARE", in other words, I am not the match director so avoid these matches. You later posted how you and Jeanne loved the match. Wow more pot stirring.

You and Jeanne's agenda is clear to most of us on this forum and we are weary of it.

You and Jeanne are more than welcome, if you desire for any reason other than spite, it come and shoot with us at Cheyenne. I am certain it would be interesting to say the least.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Boys
Sorry for the delay in this conversation .
I just got back from a 20 mile road workout. The pavement is getting harder and the miles longer but 20 MILES !! YAY ME!
Now what did I miss....yada, yada, yada, chest thump, chest thump, Posture, posture..yada yada yada. OLD GUY Stuff....S.O.S nothing original. BORING !!

Dick
Remember our BPCR regional and the 22 bpcr match a couple of years ago? I posted on here that we were considering using the reset-able targets and you retorted " I won't come if you use those" or something to that effect. What did we do? We put on a 22 match and tested BOTH sets of targets...for you. Dan, Don and the boys wanted to know why we were going to all the trouble and when I told them it was for you their response was "F&%k Dick Henebry" We were shocked at that response.We pissed off the boys trying to please you, and that is what Jeanne and I are guilty of...trying to please too many folks. That time has passed...once again you have talked us out of it.

Posting what you did about our club members was wrong...on both sites. Our club members are GREAT and many have offered to help Mike. He is tired..trying to please everyone. We will be shooting a LOT this summer...who wishes to converse and who doesn't is of no consequence to us.

Now boys, let's get down to brass tacks!! IF you want report me to the site moderators about this post , Get me kicked off this forum. Please, direct them to this post so they can read it thoroughly . If you have enough juice, you can get me barred from here and you won't see my posts again. You boys have all day tomorrow to get that accomplished.
If you do good luck...may your deity make you prosperous .
If not, at exactly 1800 hrs my time I will reply "MR. POTATO HEAD"on this post. I know that will offend some of you so you have two choices..block my posts so you can't see them or get busy getting me kicked off this forum.
Now...time for some pizza and a reading of a Dr Seuss Book! ( sorry I like them.)