Shiloh’s great customer service

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

PEteacher

Shiloh’s great customer service

Post by PEteacher »

I recently received my third Shiloh, my 50-90 fourteen pound barreled “Buffalo rifle”. The owner of our local gun store called when it arrived to inform me there was some damage to the case, so they had not opened it for their processing. Of course I dropped everything and hurried down there. For possible insurance purposes I took several photos of the damaged end of the case before we open everything up. The rifle was fine (Well, actually, being a Shiloh it was beyond fine - it was perfect!”).

When I called Lucinda, I tried to stress that I was not complaining (It shipped during the recent sub-zero-temperatures-clear-down-through-Texas spell, so the plastic might have been more brittle than normal.) I just was offering information, since it was a different case than they previously used. I told her I have other rifle cases, so they did not need to ship me a new case, but she insisted, more than once that, “We will make it right!”
I sent her the photos I took, and soon after, I received an e-Mail from her stating there was a $70 check in the mail to cover the cost of the case.

How’s that for customer service!

Now that I have three Shilohs - each for a different purpose - that I can leave for my three kids, I will “probably” direct my finances towards other shooting endeavors. BUT, if extra financial resources needed investing, the excellent customer services of Shiloh would definitely influence my decisions.

Thank you Lucinda, and all at Shiloh.

“Hmmmm..., I have a .40, a .45, and .50. Maybe I need a .44?”
bpcr shooter

Re: Shiloh’s great customer service

Post by bpcr shooter »

44 is a fantastic idea!!!!
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

My Shiloh recently arrived with a badly broken case as well, and a tiny “ding” in the stock!
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

Another guy just on FB that received his Shiloh in a busted case. They need to reconsider the cases they are using. Mine wasn’t just cracked but busted open at one end!
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

When received after re-barrelling, mine arrived with the barrel punched thru the end of the plastic case also. No damage to the rifle, and it shoots very well.

I think the shipping companies could tear it up no matter how it's packed...... :roll:
cpt.creedmoor

Post by cpt.creedmoor »

the end of mine was smashed as well when my ffl received it...he waited till i got there to open it...all was well, i tossed the case in the garbage can when i left the shop...really flimsy case.

no complaints as i have a ton of good cases, but with multiple people saying the same thing, its just a matter of time before a gun gets trashed
Those who long for peace must prepare for war
Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher »

Is the problem with the cases or those involved with handling them?
My money is on the latter. Having worked in the road transport game for over 30 years I can tell you that the handling of packages is undertaken with a "no care, no responsibility" attitude. "Air freight" is taken literally by dockhands to mean- throw it as far as you can when loading into the truck.
I had a rifle ( not a Shiloh ) shipped to DZ that arrived with the barrel poking out through the case and the thick cardboard box it was packed in. I guess some highly intelligent dock-hand was really proud of that accomplishment.
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia
cat1870

Post by cat1870 »

I've had 2 rifles busted during shipment by USPS. USPS wouldn't pay up even though they were heavily insured.
SASS Life Member
NRA Life Member....
Which rifle should I shoot today???