Lander Wyoming

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Re: Lander Wyoming

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Probably for the best, I can’t think of a single range in Wyoming where you would be welcome Glen.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

And there you have it folks...grown up MEN helping each other panning a good time...and up shows the troll. Sad life of a troll...they know nothing but pain and misery.... and they hate those that refuse to join them. I refuse to be pulled into your self impose hell Kenny. Maybe counseling would help with that. Have a good one and bless your little ole heart.

Now, back to happy times with Happy people..
George
We'll give that a whirl also. The last time I was in Wyoming I was hunting antelope with a recurve bow. The rancher said he had a REAL cowboy running his place and I saw no one on a horse, and no one with a cowboy hat. The next morning up pulls a fellow on a sidexside wearing tennis shoes and he had a New Zealand accent. The rancher said " Now that's a real cowboy!' Very interesting fellow. I harvested a good antelope the first day and for the next few days had a good time losing arrows at jackrabbits because the rancher wanted them gone. I didn't make a dent in their population, but a fellow produced a 22 rifle and started thinning them down. That's the kind of vacation I like...spending time with the local folks and getting to talk to folks from all over. New Zealand guy and the rancher were SO nice.

G. Peterson
That looks VERY cool! Thanks for that link. The vault looks awesome! There is a fortune invested in that place for sure.Looks like a have to place to visit.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

Well, I'm not sure where you are starting out from on your trip to Montana, but if you come through the SE corner of Nebraska there is the Museum of the Fur Trade in Chadron and then heading west is Fort Robinson which is where Custer started out from. Also, when i lived in casper there was a good museum at Fort Casper and a greate local museum in Buffalo. That was about 40 years ago when i lived there though and I have no idea if they are still open. And, of course, there is the Custer Battlefield in southern Montana. Also the Bighole battlefield monument near Wisdom, Montana. There are a lifetime of things to see in Montana, idaho, and Wyoming. Make it two lifetimes if you are coming from very far. There are the Bad Lands in South Dakota, and the Teddy Roseveldt NM at Medora North Dakota. Used to have a pretty good collection of TR's rifles there.

George
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

George
I have been to one of Custer's massacre sites here in Oklahoma. It was an Erie place to be and after reading the accounts of what happened there, it was certainly a sad place.
So many places, so little time.
We were in south Dakota for vacation and Jeanne bought a 6 ft, painted cigar store Indian. She Barely got it to fit face up in the back of our station wagon after the seats were let down.
I called him "Chief' and I felt really weird the next day driving " Chief' through Custer State Park!
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.