How is the shooting in Oklahoma?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Clark Badgett

How is the shooting in Oklahoma?

Post by Clark Badgett »

Got a facetime interview with a company in the Tulsa area tomorrow and another possibly within the next day or two in the OKC area. Any good ranges in these areas? Any good shoots?
jackrabbit

Re: How is the shooting in Oklahoma?

Post by jackrabbit »

Oh yeah! Oklahoma City Gun Club is super! Several other ranges around too. Great people (mostly), great ranges, and lots of BPCR matches. I'm sure some of the Oklahoma guys will chime in, but I would sure think living there would be a win.
CWO

Post by CWO »

Take a look at the Zink Ranch website. Its located just north east of Tulsa and they used to have monthly BPCR matches. They have numerous ranges and competitions as does OKC. Those two gun clubs are both worth looking into depending on which area you settle. Tappen Hill Gun Club in Kansas still has black powder matches monthly and is located straight up 35 north south of Concordia Kansas. Regards
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Tulsa red castle has a beautiful range on the Zink ranch. Smallbore, air rifle and high power silhouette. Very nice folks there. if you want more info I'll get you in touch with a board member we shoot with.

Oklahoma city has a VERY nice set of ranges. The Silhouette range is air reset from 25 yards to 500 meters...one push of a button and ALL steel targets stand up!

We shoot BPCR Silhouette, lever action silhouette, BPCR 22 silhouette and precision 22 . Next to the silhouette range is high power to 600 yards and west of that is the VERY nice archery range. All have clean men and women's toilets.
The action pistol range has been redone and we';re about to get a 1000 yard range !!

Across the section is IPSC, Cowboy action, and a world class Skeet and trap range.
Jeanne and I will be at the silhouette range Friday, so if you want a tour then drop me a line.

Send me an e-mail when you are available to take the tour and we'll meet you there and show you around.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Clark Badgett

Post by Clark Badgett »

Thanks for the leads. I'm not out there yet. Got to make sure the opportunity meets or exceeds what I have here first. I know the OKC possibility does, but I prefer the Tulsa area (family there and know the area decently). I got a pretty good deal going on here as well, so I'll have to do some soul searching on that as well.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Tulsa Red Castle range and the Oklahoma City Gun Club are a little over an hour apart. It's a win either way. No matter what you shoot we can get you in contact with the right folks. Good Luck on your interview.
CWO

Post by CWO »

Don't know why I said the Zink Ranch Red Castle club was NE of Tulsa. It's actual NW and not to far from Sand Springs. Another senior brain fart. It borders the Osage Nation reservation.
CWO

Post by CWO »

Glen Ring

Have you ever shot at the Miller or Tappen Hill Kansas BPCR ranges ??? Miller just closed recently and had a nice hunting lodge and meals arrangement that was top notion. The Tappen Hill range is still rocking but they shoot a lot of 22 BPCR from what I've seen posted over the last few years. Really a relaxing two day affair you get with a smaller gun club. CWO
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

We shot lever action for years at tappan. Concordia is one of our favorite towns. We stay at the holiday inn and there's a large park and wal-mart within walking distance. We plan of shooting BPCR at tappan this summer. Kevin Griggs usually puts on good matches.
Maj. Forrest Smith

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith »

It depends on what you are wanting to shoot. There are several smaller clubs with rifle ranges in surrounding towns. Some have Trap and/or Skeet ranges connected with them. Others do not. There is another fine shooting club in the Tulsa area that you might want to look at too. That is the Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club. It is more on the southeast side of Tulsa and Coweta. Just lets us know if you make the move and we will get you pointed in the right direction!
Clark Badgett

Post by Clark Badgett »

As it looks right now it is a very strong possibility that I'll be living in Tulsa, or the surrounding area soon enough. Now I got to find a way to convince my city born wife that living in the rural areas is awesome.
Bruised

Post by Bruised »

It's been awhile since I have been on the forum but still read occasionally. There is a private club in Coweta, Ok called North American Aerospace Rod and Gun club. We have rifle ranges to 300 yds, pistol, skeet, wobble trap and archery. We're just finishing up an all weather shoot house for the 50- 300 yd rifle range. Look me up when you get here and I'd be happy to show you around. Club is easy access and close to Tulsa/Broken Arrow/Coweta area.
Bobby
Christian, American, Heterosexual, Pro-Gun, Conservative.... Any questions?
Clark Badgett

Post by Clark Badgett »

Bruised/Bobby, my older cousin lives in Coweta. I'll be spending next Sunday looking around the area and seeing what temporary living accommodations are available. Also plan on doing that on Monday afternoon and Tuesday as well, if I take the job.