Article on NRA's bankruptcy

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Article on NRA's bankruptcy

Post by jackrabbit »

I found this rather interesting and more information about what is going on with the bankruptcy than I had seen anywhere else.

https://freebeacon.com/courts/inside-th ... xzyZqk-D8c
Jim Kidwell

Re: Article on NRA's bankruptcy

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Cody,
What we have here are two opposing forces. One being LaPierre’s dominance of heading a 501(c)(3) corporation. He has been able to do that since he basically owned much of the BOD for 32 years. To me that is a license to steal. The other is a liberal NY AG trying to make a name for herself. Where this will end, is still a mystery. I think the move out of NY is smart and should have been done years ago.
First, do not give up on the NRA, we need them, but we do not need LaPierre. His time is over. There are people I have had contact with at committee meetings that have impressed me and others I wished I had never met. 😊
The second amendment right is my first priority and getting back a realistic Competition Department ranks right up there with it………..FWIW………….
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Jim K.: well said!
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
horsefly

Post by horsefly »

Good morning, Jim;

I agree, too. We may need a politician there, but we don't need the kind he has become. Too much time, too much power.

Y'all be good;
horsefly
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Thanks for the comments, Jim. I agree with you completely as well.
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

"AMEN", Jim
beltfed/arnie
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Glenn
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Excellent article! Thank you for sharing.
RK

Post by RK »

All gun owners should remember what happened at Waco and Ruby Ridge.Not hard to imagine that Biden fondly remembers those days.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

I doubt than anyone who is familiar with Waco or Ruby Ridge has fond memories of either.

The one take-away of the article is that any money you send to the NRA until all this bankruptcy and other crap is settled, will likely be going into the pockets of lapierre and his cronies and their battery of very expensive attorneys and not into support for our 2nd Amendment rights.
Glenn
RK

Post by RK »

SSShooter wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:20 pm I doubt than anyone who is familiar with Waco or Ruby Ridge has fond memories of either.

The one take-away of the article is that any money you send to the NRA until all this bankruptcy and other crap is settled, will likely be going into the pockets of lapierre and his cronies and their battery of very expensive attorneys and not into support for our 2nd Amendment rights.
Bullshit, go look up videos of Chuck Schumer during that time! If only you would also be so concerned about people like Clinton Schumer, Pelosi, waters, the Bidens see what they have done with taxpayers dollars to enrich themselves. Not supporting LaPierre, but it seems like you are very interested in seeing the NRA destroyed. Perhaps then your president could take all our guns away. What do you think Biden and Feinstein would sayAbout a sharps rifle with a long telescopic sight That is lethal for well over a mile? They would say nobody needs a rifle like that!
TAA

Post by TAA »

You guys are lucky here, being able to express views about the NRA.

I get on another gun forum and discussions about the NRA are not allowed, as that kind of talk is considered “political”. Hard to believe it is a gun type of forum. Just a bit too authoritarian. I can see blocking the liberal vs conservative banter but the NRA is political?

Tom
RK

Post by RK »

Brainwashing/ indoctrination is spreading rapidly.
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Dang RK, I haven't considered them looking at our rifles in that light. I've always thought of them as just an old BP rifle, and would be taken up in a 100% firearm confiscation only. But you have just described a major "SNIPER RIFLE." WOW! large calibers also, 45's and 40's and 50's. What a danger to society, and the capital, they've got to go. I'm not being sarcastic, the way the left stretches things these days it would not surprise me. My God!! Nancy look at that long scope and barrel. I see it Chuck, I see it. Come here Joe, look at this.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.