Swiss BP

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

kenny sd

Swiss BP

Post by kenny sd »

HI Guy. what is the situation on Swiss BP availability?
John Boy

Re: Swiss BP

Post by John Boy »

Regards
John
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

not in stock John...thanks Ken
alfajim

Post by alfajim »

John try BACO, Buffalo Arms they were showing it in stock a few days ago.

Jim O
Perentie

Post by Perentie »

Hard to find in OZ. Just paid $150 a kilo for some to try.
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

My first thought was "holy crap!" But then remembered that a kilo is 2.2 pounds. Still $70/pound is a lot. I still remember when it was $1.00/pound in a 25 pound keg; and $1.25/pound in the can. Sounds pretty cheap now, but I didn't have much walking around money when i was in high school. Had to mow a lawn to get that much; or shovel a couple of walks. That was probably 1961 or so.

George
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Graf and Sons web site says they have 1.5 but no 2 or 3.
Buffalo arms is still showing 1.5 in stock also.
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

BA 6 pounds of regular Swiss 1 1/2 on the way.
from what I hear, it's a good as the ball caviar swiss and cheaper. Ken
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

Yes ...down here when we can get it...its been over $110 aud a kg for quite a few years. $150 aud is about $115 USD.. but yes its still expensive. $150 is still pretty stiff though..even for down here..but as always down in convict land... we are at the mercy of whomever brings the stuff in and when. As we are constantly reminded by the authorities ..for us 'it is a privilege ..not a right'. I'm not sure we needed the reminder though. :(
Hope you like using the Swiss though, I certainly prefer it over Wano, though I believe the fouling tends to be harder when left. I got to try Goex O.E. in the U.S. a couple of years back ( you know...when we were allowed to travel ) and I thought it was pretty impressive also...and didnt appear to foul as hard..but no Goex agent down here either. :cry:
rgds.. J.B.
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

wow, sorry to hear about the problems down under. We fight every day to keep our rights. today we have a bunch of elected people who think
that they really know what's best and we should re do our bill of rights to 'bring it up to date'. you know...as they think it should be.

hang in there and keep in touch....Ken in Florida USA
1minute

Post by 1minute »

Given the situation here in the states since the election, I've removed my arms from the safe and inserted all of my ammo and reloading supplies. That's were the serious money is now.

More and more each day, I'm beginning to think I've lived through the best of times.
1Minute
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

Thanks for the thoughts Kenny. I probably make it sound worse but the reality is that we've always been on a short leash down here. I think powder availability and specifically black powder, has been an issue for well over 20 yrs down here. Our consumption is small on a world scale and of course the distance to get it here is another problem. Its very easy to have ones privileges withdrawn ...much easier than rights.. .though they too can be whittled away with time and only those with an interest and a memory take any notice. Wano powder works fine but its down on energy ( kick per grain :P ) compared to Swiss and O.E.. Some want to try Swiss when its available but laying in enough to have a supply to work up loads with can be a costly exercise. We're doing alright but the 'vultures never stop circling' and we are a notoriously complacent lot.

rgds.. J.B.
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

j.b.
wano p series has more grunt than wano f series.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus