black powder box storage

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Vern

Re: black powder box storage

Post by Vern »

A black powder magazine is supposed to be made out of metal with a wood liner and a lid that will relieve before the rest of the box gives way.
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

The nominal 1" thick walled wood box/or 1" thick wood lined box:
It is all about National Fire Regulations for storage of flammable materials
beltfed/arnie
bobw

Post by bobw »

Well wood for one thing has a hi R factor , don't believe that? Put your loaded ammo in a wood range box and some in a plastic box haul them to the firing line and see which gets almost too hot to handle first. Keeping your powder in a wood box or original shipping carton is keeping it in a more temp stable environment. bobw
bobw
DAG4570

Post by DAG4570 »

I purchased an old cedar chest in a yard sale to put mine in. Works great and only cost 20 bucks. It has plenty of room but seals up tight. Sides are at least three quarters inch thick.

Dave
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

Ok, it came, quick too. and for $38 it really is worth it.
holds 10 pounds of powder, fits on the shelf neatly, rope handles are strong and tight.

I recommend it..

Etsy.com JohnsHobbies
E bay CplHags1984

Ken
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

i use an old dorm size refrigerator don't plug it in its insulated and has a blow open door ps cheap also art
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Exactly what I use Art.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

Mine is kept in a safe as its more valuable than gold down here and harder to find. My last quote for Wano powder from my local dealer was $138 aud a kg... I hope it never has to stand the fire test in situ but its a good safe. The upside though is if anyone tries to torch their way in to steal something, they should be the first to know it wasnt a great idea. :lol:

J.B.
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

bobw wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:32 pm Well wood for one thing has a hi R factor , don't believe that? Put your loaded ammo in a wood range box and some in a plastic box haul them to the firing line and see which gets almost too hot to handle first. Keeping your powder in a wood box or original shipping carton is keeping it in a more temp stable environment. bobw
bobw,

Yes bob, I know, but...........................

Did you find me something for my powder for next, you know, 10 cases worth :wink:
DeadEye wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:49 pm There you go again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul
:lol: :lol: :lol: got it, I remember now
J.B. wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:10 pm Mine is kept in a safe as its more valuable than gold down here and harder to find. My last quote for Wano powder from my local dealer was $138 aud a kg... I hope it never has to stand the fire test in situ but its a good safe. The upside though is if anyone tries to torch their way in to steal something, they should be the first to know it wasnt a great idea. :lol:

J.B.
J.B.

Talk about seeing the light :shock:
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain