Missing the Quigley

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

humboldt

Missing the Quigley

Post by humboldt »

To all my friends at the Quigley and the Restwell Motel, I won't be able to come this year. I am having a hip replacement surgery next month. I finally will be able to walk again. Hopefully, I will make it next year for the"last time". Mori
life is good!
Doug

Re: Missing the Quigley

Post by Doug »

I had a hip replacement about 3 years ago…….I found the recovery challenging, but feel MUCH better! A bad hip is painful and demoralizing…….say goodbye to that horrible pain soon. You will feel like a new person. Best wishes!
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Mori,
You will be surprised how fast your recovery will be with the newer technologies.
You might kick yourself for waiting so long. Welcome to the bionic generation. :)
Good luck..............
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Sorry you won't be at the evening meetings at the Restwel. I'm going to hold you to being there next year! We'll hoist one for you!
Old-Win

Post by Old-Win »

Hey Mori, Good to hear from you. As you can see by the pic, our group has been diminished some and we will miss you. Get that new hip and heal up. We have picked up a few new shooters to replace some of those that we've lost so we'll need you back. Gussy and I will have a toast to you and the rest of the gang that won't be there. We'll be looking for you next year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
humboldt

Post by humboldt »

Hi guys, Well, I am back home after my hip operation at the Coon Joint Institute in St. Helena CA. I went in at 6 am , up to surgery area at 7 or so where they gave me a spinal.(I already had an IV) They said that they were moving me to another bed and the next thing I heard was "wake up Mori". The operation took two hours and I was walking with walker in the hall way that afternoon and was discharged the next morning at 11.30 AM. No pain at first but as the week progressed at home it worse, after a while it has lessened. I still need the walker . Mori
life is good!
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Good to hear from you. You picked a good one to miss! High winds and a lot of dust. Follow the rehab and it'll all be behind you. My shooting partner has had both knees done. He no longer struggles and no pain.

We'll see you at the 30th Quigley!