NRA bankruptcy news

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Michael Johnson
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:11 pm

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by Michael Johnson » Fri May 14, 2021 8:34 pm

I fail to understand why any of us should have to settle with mediocrity when it comes to the leader of the NRA. Wayne embezzles money to fill his own pockets at our expense. Let us elect a board that will not do that. Our interests will be better off. I support the NRA, but not if they are wasting my hard earned coin. We can most definitely do better. Those who say the NRA is our best hope are holding on to the thread that they will be here in the future. At the rate the NRA is going, they may not last for much longer unless they improve their faulty, illegal business practices. And that lads is just the f-ing reality that some of you just cannot handle.

SFogler
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 9:19 am

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by SFogler » Sun May 16, 2021 8:17 am

There are alternatives. Maybe notifying the NRA that you are donating elsewhere will get their attention too.

https://www.gunowners.org/

jackrabbit
Posts: 1636
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:04 pm
Location: Carpenter Wyoming

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by jackrabbit » Sun May 16, 2021 9:15 am

No! No! No! There is only one 2nd Amendment protector and the only thing that will save our guns is to send money to Lapierre so he can buy more fancy clothes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously the Gun Owners of America is an organization I support and is definitely worthy of consideration for yours.

User avatar
desert deuce
Posts: 3065
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:51 pm
Location: Rio Rico, Arizona

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by desert deuce » Sun May 16, 2021 9:34 am

I was warned many years ago (30) that the NRA Board was in danger of being 'stuffed' with non shooters, on purpose. Perhaps a result of the Saturday Night Massacre in Cincinnati, years ago. The admonition came with a warning that candidates recommended by the NRA Vetting Board be suspect unless they were true "Competitive Shooters", and participating in one BB Gun match in Junior High School did not constitute a Competitive Shooter. The other admonition was to look closely at NRA Members that were on the ballot that qualified by petition and were not recommended by the Vetting Board. If there were 24 votes possible and only two on the ballot were competitive shooters, only vote for those two and leave the other 22 boxes blank. I have clearly pointed things out on this forum and in Black Powder Cartridge News as to what we as NRA Members need to do and also identified some among us that are working against our interests and apparently it was all ignored. Self interest at various levels in the NRA and throughout the shooting community is what is driving this problem. It is a human trait as is complacency. LaPierre has not done a single thing that he was not allowed to do and being consciously unaware of what has been going on in the NRA for decades by the membership is the root cause of the problems today. LaPierre has evolved from his beginnings in 1991 to today by managerial manipulation which in his mind is organizational survival with him being the most important survival candidate.

With that said, anyone in Competitions Division post George Harris was not and is not a friend of Competitive Shooting, from Mike Krei, to Dennis Willing, to Barry Ranney, to Greg Conners to Aaron Farmer, and to think otherwise is to be misinformed or operating in your own self interest. Sorry, uninformed does not apply because the information was/is out there.

If you want to help solve the problem circulate a petition and get on the ballot for NRA Board of Directors.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!

User avatar
desert deuce
Posts: 3065
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:51 pm
Location: Rio Rico, Arizona

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by desert deuce » Sun May 16, 2021 9:39 am

Oh, and by the way, the NRA President position is an honorary figure head post. The Executive Vice President is the power within the NRA.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!

TexasMac
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:29 pm
Location: Central Texas
Contact:

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by TexasMac » Sun May 16, 2021 10:06 am

SFogler wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:17 am
There are alternatives. Maybe notifying the NRA that you are donating elsewhere will get their attention too.
https://www.gunowners.org/
And the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). Anyone, not just firearm related businesses, can join. And they do a very good job of using membership fees to fight for our 2nd Amendment rights. I highly recommend joining NSSF (https://www.nssf.org/membership/). It's where most of my gun support money goes until the NRA kicks out LaPierre and his croonies.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com

RK
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:13 am
Location: Ohio

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by RK » Sun May 16, 2021 12:00 pm

Michael Johnson wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:34 pm
I fail to understand why any of us should have to settle with mediocrity when it comes to the leader of the NRA. Wayne embezzles money to fill his own pockets at our expense. Let us elect a board that will not do that. Our interests will be better off. I support the NRA, but not if they are wasting my hard earned coin. We can most definitely do better. Those who say the NRA is our best hope are holding on to the thread that they will be here in the future. At the rate the NRA is going, they may not last for much longer unless they improve their faulty, illegal business practices. And that lads is just the f-ing reality that some of you just cannot handle.


The f-ing reality of a gun owner voting for biden is something that cannot be understood! Annnnnd then complaing about the organization that has to fight biden about our gun rights! Lol

pacecars
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:19 am
Location: Tallahassee, Fl

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by pacecars » Sun May 16, 2021 6:30 pm

I would love to see him booted out and Marion Hammer take his place. I am an endowment member that is not happy with the way LaPierre rolls.
Real gun powder is black.

MSalyards
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:18 pm
Location: Nine Mile Falls Wa

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by MSalyards » Mon May 17, 2021 8:15 am

The f-ing reality of a gun owner voting for biden is something that cannot be understood! Annnnnd then complaing about the organization that has to fight biden about our gun rights! Lol
[/quote]
safe_image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
desert deuce
Posts: 3065
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:51 pm
Location: Rio Rico, Arizona

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by desert deuce » Mon May 17, 2021 7:15 pm

Yeah, well, when somebody else casts your vote for you anything can, has and does happen.
Remembering, Joseph Stalin, "how you vote does not matter, who counts the vote does."
Like it or not, believe it or not, that is where we are in the USA today and quite possibly in Canada also since that is where Dominion is located.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!

TexasMac
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:29 pm
Location: Central Texas
Contact:

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by TexasMac » Mon May 17, 2021 11:33 pm

TexasMac wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:06 am
SFogler wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:17 am
There are alternatives. Maybe notifying the NRA that you are donating elsewhere will get their attention too.
https://www.gunowners.org/
And the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). Anyone, not just firearm related businesses, can join. And they do a very good job of using membership fees to fight for our 2nd Amendment rights. I highly recommend joining NSSF (https://www.nssf.org/membership/). It's where most of my gun support money goes until the NRA kicks out LaPierre and his croonies.
Wayne
BTW, as I receive the many request for funds from the NRA I always return them with the following statement written in bold print across the contribution form: THE NRA WILL RECEIVE NO MORE CONTRIBUTIONS FROM ME UNTIL LAPIERRE IS REMOVED FROM OFFICE.
Rather than trash the request for contribution, if everyone did something similar they may get the idea.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com

SSShooter
Posts: 2670
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:06 am
Location: Jersey Shore

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by SSShooter » Tue May 18, 2021 4:59 am

Unfortunately, it is not just lapierre. The squabbles with ollie north showed that it is all the folks at the top, with the collusion of the board. There needs to be a complete 'house cleaning' and a new "independent" board (there are 76 board members - a true 'clown show' of celebrities and others with no interest in the position and even less knowledge of the issues). Plus, a significant number of the board members were paid as much as $millions of our dollars. That's pretty good for someone serving in an 'unpaid' position. A lot like congress.
Glenn

Coltsmoke
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:55 am
Location: GA.

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by Coltsmoke » Tue May 18, 2021 10:38 am

O.K., sounds like everybody knows what the problems are, how do we as members fix it? Do we need to leave it and join another organization? Some or most of our gun clubs require you to be a member of the NRA to be in the club, what do you do about that?
Swamp Man Shelby Stanza for President!!

Michael Johnson
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:11 pm

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by Michael Johnson » Tue May 18, 2021 8:28 pm

Desert Deuce has talked about how to do this. Bottomline, do not just rubber stamp the board nominees that the NRA proposes.I would guess that the vast majority of NRA membership does not vote at all. Members that we know support competition and are willing to serve on the NRA board would be likely candidates. Some organization in choosing a slate of candidates would be helpful before suggesting them as candidates. Our BPCR and BPTR organizations as well as other NRA shooting disciplines could suggest and nominate candidates. A dedicated voting block might be able tome a difference.I believe it would be an uphill battle, but this is how to possible effect change of the NRA board.I have been a member for 48 years. Most of our shooting venues require NRA membership. I agree that there are other organizations but feel that it is still worthwhile to change the NRA from within. The current organization has corrupt leadership. We should not be content with that. I will add a commentary on my not voting for Trump in the last election. I voted for him in 2017. I have been a lifelong GOP supporter. But, I believe Trump is a disrupter. I thought that would be a good thing. As a healthcare provider and physician I believe he mishandled the single most important issue of his administration.I have had friends and classmates die.That is why I did not and will not support him. He lost the Executive branch, and lost members in the Senate. The GOP needs to move on from this self serving individual. There are other members of the Republican Party better capable supporting the values we cherish. Secondly I believe I can vote for whoever the hell I want. That is my right as a US Veteran. By the way old "Bonespurs" is a fucking draft dodger!

RK
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:13 am
Location: Ohio

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by RK » Tue May 18, 2021 9:52 pm

Michael Johnson wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:28 pm
Desert Deuce has talked about how to do this. Bottomline, do not just rubber stamp the board nominees that the NRA proposes.I would guess that the vast majority of NRA membership does not vote at all. Members that we know support competition and are willing to serve on the NRA board would be likely candidates. Some organization in choosing a slate of candidates would be helpful before suggesting them as candidates. Our BPCR and BPTR organizations as well as other NRA shooting disciplines could suggest and nominate candidates. A dedicated voting block might be able tome a difference.I believe it would be an uphill battle, but this is how to possible effect change of the NRA board.I have been a member for 48 years. Most of our shooting venues require NRA membership. I agree that there are other organizations but feel that it is still worthwhile to change the NRA from within. The current organization has corrupt leadership. We should not be content with that. I will add a commentary on my not voting for Trump in the last election. I voted for him in 2017. I have been a lifelong GOP supporter. But, I believe Trump is a disrupter. I thought that would be a good thing. As a healthcare provider and physician I believe he mishandled the single most important issue of his administration.I have had friends and classmates die.That is why I did not and will not support him. He lost the Executive branch, and lost members in the Senate. The GOP needs to move on from this self serving individual. There are other members of the Republican Party better capable supporting the values we cherish. Secondly I believe I can vote for whoever the hell I want. That is my right as a US Veteran. By the way old "Bonespurs" is a fucking draft dodger!

So you make a post suggesting how we could reform and make the NRA stronger and keep paying dues to the NRA. Or we could pay dues to other Gun rights organizations . All so we can fight the very president that you voted into office! I would have a hard time believing it, if I didn’t just read it myself.

Post Reply