Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

NRA bankruptcy news

Post by jackrabbit »

Skipper

Re: NRA bankruptcy news

Post by Skipper »

I’m an NRA Life Member. However, and I’ve been saying this for a few years...LaPierre has to go. Attempting bankruptcy before consulting with his legal team; and, then commenting that the NRA is financially strong??? Really sad! Things are now much more difficult for the NRA under LaPierre’s so called executive leadership and the Board members he has in his pocket. We the members deserve new member focused leadership.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Amen to that.
And people still send him money to spend on himself and his attorneys.
https://apnews.com/article/nra-bankrupt ... 39a820d60f
Glenn
Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher »

Reading through the links and associated reports, it appears that what La Pierre and his cohorts have done is pure embezzlement.
I don't understand how your legal system works with the NY Attorney General suing to dissolve the NRA over what he and his mates did.

" following allegations that executives illegally diverted tens of millions of dollars for lavish personal trips, no-show contracts and other questionable expenditures."

Down here, he and his mates would be facing criminal charges. The "Association" would then replace them with, hopefully, more worthy leadership.
I am an NRA life member so I do have a personal interest in the association getting on with it's job.
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

The way I understand it the reorganization plan still had LaPierre as the Executive Vice President. I would think any judge in charge of the case familiar with all the aspects of it would reject that plan.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

Regards
John
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Embezzler plain and simple. If he worked for me and most of you we would have him prosecuted. The NRA deserves better and we as members have as our responsibility to demand so. He and the board need to be voted out so we can restore the good name and purpose of the NRA. If we do not, the NRA is nothing but a joke.
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

Cuss them, but you wouldn't have what you do without them. Nobody fights harder for your rights, nobody. Is he a bad apple ? Probably. But he is not the whole organization .
RK

Post by RK »

Remove Wayne Lapierre from the NRA, and put him in Congress. He wouldn’t stand out of the crowd at all.Has anyone Seen a poor politician lately, especially the gang in Washington now?
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

As I read through all this as a non-NRA member, I can't figure out why the members haven booted him out a long time ago. Seems like the members should have, and still be, leaning on the board members to can him. But, I guess it took the FBI to get Jimmy Hoffa out of the teamsters union CEO position. Sounds like about the same sort of deal.

George
RK

Post by RK »

George Babits wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:49 am As I read through all this as a non-NRA member, I can't figure out why the members haven booted him out a long time ago. Seems like the members should have, and still be, leaning on the board members to can him. But, I guess it took the FBI to get Jimmy Hoffa out of the teamsters union CEO position. Sounds like about the same sort of deal .

George

You could sort of say the same thing about our Congress. You could even ask how many on this forum voted for Waters Pelosi Schumer and Biden. Those people are not only trying to destroy our guns but our lives our childrenslives in our grandchildrens lives.My point is LaPierre needs to go but not at the cost of completely destroying the NRA. The NRA has saved my guns. The amount of dues I have paid the NRA are nothing compared to the amount of taxes I have paid to my crooked politicians.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

MSalyards wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:29 am Cuss them, but you wouldn't have what you do without them. Nobody fights harder for your rights, nobody. Is he a bad apple ? Probably. But he is not the whole organization .
Actually, he pretty much is the whole organization and that is the problem. He is some kind of king/czar/dictator that runs the whole organization. Did you read reports? He didn't even consult with the board or others before declaring bankruptcy! Until he is gone, contributing financially to the NRA is only paying the lawyer bills and keeping him in charge. His presence has also pushed out several other very good leaders.

Also, there are several other pro-gun organizations that do more with the your money and actually fight harder for your rights. The NRA has taken a compromise strategy on various subjects that I strongly do not agree with. Don't be a blind sheep, look around and do some research and you will find the truth about the NRA. The NRA claims credit for a lot of wins that were actually joint wins with other gun organizations. We don't have time or money to contribute to bad apples. Spend your assets where they will actually do some good TODAY. I know the NRA has done a lot of good in the past, but that doesn't matter. The only thing that matters in this war is what happens today and tomorrow. Equipment the best soldier with the best gear, and that guy is no longer the NRA or Lapierre.
Cody Smith
gus65

Post by gus65 »

I have for for many years been a dues paying member of Gun Owners of America and the 2nd Amendment Foundation.
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

The problem with the NRA, Lapierre, the problem with Lapierre, he thinks he's the NRA, that it's his to do with as he pleases & he's been doing as he pleases for a couple of decades it feels like.

The then president of the NRA walked up to my chair at the Quigley one year, introduced himself, asked if their was anything he could do for me, I told him yes, yes there was, he asked me what that would be, I asked him to quit giving my gunrights away one tiny bit at a time, he never engaged in anymore conversation, abruptly lost his smile & walked away.

People asked me what the hell his problem was, I relayed the conversation to them, they shook their head in disbelief.

I told them, "Folks, & that is supposed to be the president of the NRA. I wonder what happens when he deals with people that hate the NRA. That man is not a leader"

I've never given the NRA another dime since.
There's other, better organizations to help with your money.

Endowment Member
Brian Hickey
"Shadow 4"
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
RK

Post by RK »

Almost all of the blame lies with the voters. In this country, with our constitution, we should not even need an NRA!