Midwest BPCR championship Alliance won with a .45-110 PP

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Re: Midwest BPCR championship Alliance won with a .45-110 PP

Post by desert deuce »

Reminds me of a childhood experience on my Grandparents Chicken Yard.

3 pens for laying hens. One pen to feed out fryers and the Bantams free roamed outside on the periphery of those pens as did one feisty rooster with brilliant plumage and about ten times the size of the Bantam Rooster that was equally well plumed and who was proud of himself to a fault.

Giant Hickory Trees on three sides for shade. Hog pen to one side with a low tin roof. Third side opened up into a truck garden, mostly tomatoes and string beans closest to the chicken yard.

Jaspur the Rooster usually roosted on top of the hen houses. Roger the Bantam Rooster and his harem roosted wherever but on top of something fairly high off the ground.

Jaspur was a later riser, Roger would sound off whenever he felt like it but for sure just at the crack of dawn. However, when Jaspur flew down into the yard and gave out his first impassioned announcement of the day wherein Roger headed for the cover of the hog pen.

Jaspur was then the cock of the walk and strutted his stuff endlessly, that is until the shadow of a passing hawk over took him and he then joined Roger under the tin roof at the hog pen where they both clucked like hens.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

bruce m wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 pm what they meant was that statistically gg bullets were doing most of the winning.
bruce.
:D Also what that means is that most all are shooting gg, so, alas, most would figure they'd be doing most of the winning

Kinda like the Swiss as opposed to any other powder.
"What powder was the winner shooting?" :roll: As with gg bullets, a lot of people shoot Swiss, be patient,
More & more shooters are shooting "The other powder", They win too.

Something like saying Goodyear Tires are on all the winners race cars in Nascar Cup Racing, true statment.
I don't see Old E going the way of Hoosier Tires just yet, may be around the corner, just not yet
:wink:
bruce m wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 pm to do it properly might require avoiding the beer and chips culture for a short amount of time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I haven't found this to be for the "Hold my beer & watch this" crowd, yet, we'll see tho, there's still time :lol:
JeffFaldo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:59 am To stir the pot a little. Dick was shooting KIK powder.
:shock: How dare he, I thought doing something like that was like crossing streams in Ghostbusters :lol:

This surprises me not, I've been sitting next to Dick most matches or in the same group, watching him win or place high for years.
Dick has two handicaps, paper patch & tremors, no clue how he manages both, let alone the paper patch :wink:

Besides, paper patch bullets are sexy, I must admit, sorta like 32 Winchester Specials

OMG, I just thought of something, what if someone showed up, shooting paper patch & Old E powder, could you imagine the ramifications of that thought :wink: :lol: what a unicorn that would be...............Oh, wait.......... :D

desert deuce wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:20 am The culmination of which constitutes a rifleman and defines him as such and at what level.
"Rifleman", CHECK, he be that.
Level, he seems to do alright where ever he & Kristi are at.
Those two are having fun
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
semtav

Post by semtav »

DD
That's a very diplomatic way of putting what you're actually thinking about the other shooters.

Now take someone that puts 5,000 rounds through their gun every year against someone that only puts 500.
And your idea of a rifleman may be a little bit skewed
sandhillcowboy1

Post by sandhillcowboy1 »

Shadow 4 said,

"OMG, I just thought of something, what if someone showed up, shooting paper patch & Old E powder, could you imagine the ramifications of that thought :wink: :lol: what a unicorn that would be...............Oh, wait.......... :D"

I have only shot a full Sagebrush at Alliance one time, which also was my first time there. Using a new .45-70 gun, gentle leade, PP MB, and Old E 2F powder, and two different test loads I ended up 3rd out of over 100 shooters on day 2 with the best of my two loads. I can't do prone due to health so everything is sitting like Dick does. There are some excellent riflemen at the Alliance shoots. Or do we have to say riflepersons now :wink: Dick is the consumate rifleman if there ever was one.

Currently enjoying all the eyedrops that go along with cataract surgery:)

Rick
SHCB1
semtav

Post by semtav »

semtav wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:55 am
Now take someone that puts 5,000 rounds through their gun every year against someone that only puts 500.
In case someone misinterprets that, I wasnt talking about Dick.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

What gets me is the rifle person who does the 500 competitive shots a year and still kicks every ones butts ! :lol: Once the load work up and rifle are tuned a daily dry firer has no need to be on the range all the time, in my opinion.
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

Congratulations Dick! as far as what the rest of some of you have been mumbling about, I don't understand most of it. Not you Brian H., I always understand what you thought you were trying to say!! HA!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Tee Hee, now I have to wonder what some were doing during English class in High School? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another memory, Glenn "Fireball" Roberts was a famous Daytona 500 racer in the 1960's with a Pontiac Bonneville.

For you youngsters the Bonneville was top of the line for Pontiac. Being a Florida resident and living close to Daytona Beach we of course followed boh Fireball and racing at Daytona. In those days it was called stock car racing. At this following point in time Fireball and his Unbeatable Bonneville had dominated the Daytona oval when one day Glenn showed up in a brand spanking new Pontiac Catalina on a practice day at Daytona.

You would have had to know Glenn to appreciate his dry country humor. After a few break in runs around the track Fireball put his foot to the floor and found out just what that Catalina would do.

In the ready side a reporter approached him and asked what he thought of his new stock car. Glenn smiled and quipped, "Only thing on that baby that is stock is the gear shift knob." The rest is history.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

semtav wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:54 am
semtav wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:55 am
In case someone misinterprets that, I wasnt talking about Dick.
Well actually Dick may very well be one of those 5000 rounds a year guys. Considering he shoots all winter in Arizona, then comes north and shoots all summer.
Either way he's a hell of a nice guy, and a damn good shot.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
sandhillcowboy1

Not sure but I think Steve (the runner up at match) may have been shooting PP as well, maybe Jeff knows?

Rick
SHCB1
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

well that would put the cat amongst the pigeons :shock: :D
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

sandhillcowboy1 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:04 pm Not sure but I think Steve (the runner up at match) may have been shooting PP as well, maybe Jeff knows?

Rick
Yes he was
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
sandhillcowboy1

Just to clarify this match (Midwest BPCR Championships) is not the same one as the Sagebrush match in August. Both are great matches held at the Hoflander Range in Alliance, NE. For those of you who don't know Steve, he has been a Q Top Ten 2 or 3 times and has done well at both the above mentioned matches as well. No surprises on he or Dick doing well.

Rick
SHCB1
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

It's like music to my ears to hear you all talk about the various match events going on around the country! I just found out I have a muzzle loader match on Saturday along with the clang and bang on Sunday. Yeah, I'm gonna try for both! :lol:
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Next thing we may expect is a Pom Pom Squad. Full skirts/kilts, bobby socks, pom poms and megaphones cheering on their favorite, either paper patch or grease groove shooter. Now that would really add to the enthusiasm......Go! Fight! Shoot Right! Roll those patches tight, tight tight! could be the cheer.

The possibilities are practically unlimited. We have a good start on this thread. Imagine semtav doing a high kick in a red plaid kilt with paper pom poms flailing the breeze behind the firing line?

On second thought, let's just keep the cheer leading here on the forum. :roll: OK?