Yaupon Creek Silhouette club

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Yaupon Creek Silhouette club

Post by Glen Ring »

This weekend Jeanne and I shot at The Yaupon creek silhouette Range near Columbus Texas.

The range was GREAT, the 22 targets were fantastic and most of all...EVERYONE was an "old style" gentleman.
We had to admit, that was the biggest gathering of true gentlemen that we have witnessed in many years.

We will be back. The 9 hour drive is going to be worth it when we take our grandson back there to shoot.

We would encourage everyone to shoot a match there.

We thank everyone that had anything to do with that match. EVERYTHING was perfect!!
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
DAVE ROELLE

Re: Yaupon Creek Silhouette club

Post by DAVE ROELLE »

Happy you folks enjoyed the match

We look forward to shooting with you in the future
your never lost, if ya don't care where ya are
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Is there really a creek at the range ? Cat fish?
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Mdeland
Looks like there might be a creek near. It's a very different climate for us and it's only an 8 hour drive south. Moss was hanging from the trees, it was VERY humid and the skeeters were big and hungry.

We were SO impressed by the gentlemen there. Old style guys like the ones I admired as a child. They were all very helpful, made sure we were good and I heard not ONE cuss word out of the whole crowd. I don't think it was because of Jeanne, I think that's the way those folks operate all the time. I had heard from different shooters how nice the folks were, but was completely blown away by their hospitality. The way they ran a match like it should be ran.

I'll gladly make that drive with my grand son so he can shoot there .

( I have catfish in my ponds so I didn't inquire about that!)
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

We went out the other night to the Texas Road house to celebrate our grandsons fourteenth birthday and I ordered catfish to which the waitress said , "No can do, out of stock presently" ! I settled for a Shrimp dinner but had my taste buds set on cat fish ! They make em good at that place!
Sounds like a very nice place to hang out. Shooting , eating and fellow shipping are hard combo's to beat !
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

I just posted the details and scores for the match (see the MATCH SCORES section).

Yes, there is a creek on the range although I don't know if it's THE Yaupon Creek. It's downrange between the shooting line and the chicken silhouettes and not visible from the line. If we get heavy rains the creek is impassible and prevents access to set and reset the silhouettes.

Sorry Mike, no catfish as the creek is dry most of the time, but the Texas Colorado River is a mile south of the range with lots of big catfish. BTW, these days most if not all the catfish available in restaurants and grocery stores are farm raised channel catfish.

In addition to Glen and Jeanne from Oklahoma we had shooters as far away as Mississippi.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Wayne
Jeanne and I have shot at and ran many matches...but we think that match was one we'll remember for a long time. I know you worked very hard and we want to personally thank you and the others that made it happen.
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Glen Ring wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:28 pm Wayne
Jeanne and I have shot at and ran many matches...but we think that match was one we'll remember for a long time. I know you worked very hard and we want to personally thank you and the others that made it happen.
Thanks Glen but Ken Wienken, with Ed Story's help, setup, coordinated and ran the matches and spent a consider amount of time and effort to make it happen. We had more shooters attend than last year and hope others will join us for the 2022 TX Regional.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com