Marijuana

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Marijuana

Post by Glen Ring »

Our state, and I guess other states, have opened up the Marijuana growing and distribution sites.
I live in a VERY rural area and there are several marijuana farms and distributors near us.

We were in a small town today and a lady was using her "prescription" on the side walk in front of a store. All legal here now.

We have decided, as match directors, to treat the users the same as we treat someone who has had a beer, or taken a prescribed drug such as dilauded or percodan, to name a couple .

If we are aware the shooter is under the influence of any of the above ( and others of course) they cannot shoot at our match.

Have any of you match directors had to deal with something like this?
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
bruce m

Re: Marijuana

Post by bruce m »

the phillipines found a good way to deal with that problem.
only thing was that the problem moved to indonesia.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

So Bruce, your saying the cure is a "dirt knapp" ? Certainly effective and permanent, that's for sure! If drunks were handled the same way the earth would be pretty much depopulated me thinks !
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

but the survivors would have their thinking rearranged effectively.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I trained with some Saudis and Malaysians When I was in Virginia one summer. Their penalties were severe for possession of drugs.

In Oklahoma City we had a Police officer train with us that was from a small country that hung drug traffickers. I asked him how long the appeals process took and he stated "FOREVER'...it was actually 5 or 6 months!

The only issues we have had to deal with , so far, have been folks drinking alcohol. One sip of a beer or anything else containing alcohol and the match is over for them.
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

an aust drug trafficer was arrested and eventually put down in indonesia.
he knew the deal before he started, yet still went ahead.
the disappointing aspect of the whole thing, other than his attempted dealing, was the fact that he and a whole lot of oz do gooders campaigned for his release on the grounds of his potential to do good.
how many lives do these dealers take. even addicts still alive are in reality the walking dead.
and the trauma to friends and family, and the loss of potential.
the fact of these do gooders just goes to show where the world is really going.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
Clark Badgett

Post by Clark Badgett »

Thinking you can make war on a weed is the height of statist thinking.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

What do you do with people that are not on drugs, but act like it?
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

This State makes me sick! Now there trying to do like Oregon and make all drugs legal. I live by a small community that's not even a town and they have 2 weed stores. Restaurants were closed for covid but pot stores could stay open. Sad world!
semtav

Post by semtav »

I'm pretty anti-drug but after watching this all my life they just as well make it all legal let it go through legitimate channels pretty sure those southern countries would prosper a lot better and we wouldn't have them all coming here
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I would like to see the impact that legal marijuana growing has on some of the organized groups south of the border. We worked a group that boated in large amounts and drove them across country and into Canada through an Indian reservation. I guess now folks can buy weed legally in Washington and in Oregon and get high back in Canada. I have always been anti-drug and have NEVER used any illegal drug, but I'm wondering about how this state will gain from all the taxation...or will this be like the great Emu and Ostrich scam of the 80's.

I predict legal prostitution will be in the near future...it's a home grown "crop" that almost everyone enjoys.
Clark Badgett

Post by Clark Badgett »

Glen Ring wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:22 pm I predict legal prostitution will be in the near future...it's a home grown "crop" that almost everyone enjoys.
It would be an absolute shame if people were allowed to freely decide how to treat their own bodies.
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

Legalized prostitution works just fine glen. Been legal here for many years with no problem a d none cruising the streets at night
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

It’s been legal in certain counties in Nev. for years. I lived there many years. Been there, done that going to those places! There run like a bar, only you can have all the fun you want with the girls...They run adds in the Cal. And Nev. newspapers for girls over 18 to work at the ranches. Most of them are young beautiful girls! They live at the ranch 3 weeks out of the month and stay with their sponsor for one week. Tested every day, they’re fully taken care of and protected. I know a few girls that worked at the Moonlite Ranch for 2 years out of high school, one made enough money to pay for her home and a new car, and the other paid for her college education. And the third is a friends wife! She makes a LOT of money! They live very well. It’s not all bad!!
Tom
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

well worn, but worn well.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus