Grand Son and a 40-65

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Grand Son and a 40-65

Post by Glen Ring »

Our Grand Son has been shooting pellet guns, slingshots and a 22 BPCR Rifle for a few years now. He's pretty steady. He turned 13 last month and today wanted to shoot a 40-65 at 500 meters. He hit the 10 inch plate on his third shot and then had FUN shooting at all ranges..including standing and shooting at the 200 meter chickens!

He then almost made Jeanne and I cry when he said " I like you guys, I think Raton is beautiful and I want to shoot there again." No problem..I'm gonna fire up the lead pot and get busy. His entry to the big BPCR Silhouette match is headed to Kenny Tebbe.

You grand parents know how we feel right now..it's explainable.

The only down side to all this is he likes my 40-65 best...so that gun's gone !!
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
flatsguide

Re: Grand Son and a 40-65

Post by flatsguide »

That is so cool!
Cheers Richard
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Richard
We have had him a LOT starting the day after he was born.
He said his first word, took his first step, learn to ride a bicycle, caught his first fish..ALL with Jeanne and I. This is just another step in his life and we are fortunate to be part of those things.
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

share the 40/65 and spot for each other what a team! art
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

That's the plan Art. I think I must have done something good in this life to be rewarded with a wife and Grand Son that love to shoot. The old Winchester 1885 we'll be sharing is named after my wife's mother...Margret Yvonne. The Grand Monkey will be calling the name of his Great Grandmother when he shoots the old Winchester. My wife named her New C-Sharps "fat girl"...so I told him he'll get some giggles when he looks at his Grand Mother and says " get that fat girl to the line"!!
flatsguide

Post by flatsguide »

Post a few photos of that young fellow with the .40-65 and his grandparents.
Cheers