UPS

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SFogler

UPS

Post by SFogler »

So I went to UPS to ship a Hadley eye cup to a guy who bought it from me. I have stopped using USPS for anything important or valuable since they are totally unreliable now. The eye cup was in in a mailing envelope not even a box. The woman at the counter asks me what is in the package. I am really surprised by that but I don't want to be a smarta** or come across hostile. I say optics. She says like a scope for a gun? I say no a metallic sight. She says if it goes on a firearm we can't ship it. I say since when? She says UPS ans USPS do not ship parts that go on guns. Before I totally lose it I leave and go somewhere else. We can expect a lot more corporate "value signalling" and harassment before we get to confiscation. In case you haven't noticed the big corporations are not on our side and there is so much business right now they don't care if we don't patronize them. But what dismays me the most is that people on this forum who should know better voted for this when they voted against Trump. Way to go.
MSalyards

Re: UPS

Post by MSalyards »

Went through that crap before. Now even if its a whole gun it's machine parts. Not lying.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I have lead and tin coming USPS and it's in a holding pattern for some reason.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

Well, it is the local people not UPS or USPO. I just got 50 pounds of lead from RotoMetals. Came through USPS and I got it 3 days after ordering it. The problems are all with the local idiots standing at the desk in some shipping center.

George
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

AND, are we to suppose that the sudden disappearance of primers, smokeless powder, component brass and bullets is just a "coincidence" of supply and demand?

Demand maybe, but supply? NOT so much.

I remember similar situations during the Obama Daze. Don't you?

Component and ammunition companies that can fill govt orders on demand have the capacity to fill civilian orders if allowed to do so. Period.

In that time frame we also experienced in both UPS and USPS long arms intentionally damaged in transit.

No, the shortage is manufactured. The corporate attitude, well, one has to wonder what influenced their decisions?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

Well, it's not like nobody could see it coming. Same thing when Clinton got his foot in the door, and then 0bummer, and now the latest puppet. He dances to his bosses, who are not the American people. It gets a little worse everytime one of these puppets gets on the stage. Hope he survives. From what I have heard his VP will be even worse if she gets center stage.

George
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Back Channel gossip says their handlers are plotting to replace both of them.
Also, hear some big things going to happen, SOON.
rgchristensen

Post by rgchristensen »

President Pelosi will be an interesting change.....

CHRIS
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

1578Tiger

Post by 1578Tiger »

It seems that the locally owned UPS Stores are in on this nonsense. I had to go to an independent shipping company to ship a stock blank. The alternative is to go to a hub and ship from there.
Wayne

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
– Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
bobw

Post by bobw »

That's a fact the UPS stores are only for shipping rubber dog shit of no real value. If you need to ship ammo or firearm or firearm parts take it to the ups hub or an LGS that ships all the time that you deal with and no they won't do it for free. bobw
bobw