New Sharps Day

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mikec

Re: New Sharps Day

Post by mikec »

Dennis Armistead wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:55 pm
mikec wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:29 pm Dennis Armistead: Sir, you got me! :D I rode around my local area looking for a suitable place to photograph my new rifle and couldn't find anything suitable. I thought the old log cabin backdrop looked better than the faux-wood on my deck. I intended no offense.

Mike
Mike, no offense at all. Don't blame you one bit for for the photo shoot with a great background. Nice looking rifle. Congrats.
Dennis
Thank you, Dennis!

Mike
Cort

Post by Cort »

That is one purdy rifle, have fun sending lead pills down range.....Congrats!
1578Tiger

Post by 1578Tiger »

That's a beautiful rifle. I can't decide what I like more, the color case hardening, or the wood. How was your experience with Mr. Goodman?
Wayne

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
– Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
TGC

Post by TGC »

Mike , that is a very nice looking rifle. I like the character in the wood grain, what grade is it? I am also a big fan of the barrel profile. How much does the rifle weigh? I hope you post some shooting results. Tim.
TGC

Post by TGC »

Mike , that is a very nice looking rifle. I like the character in the wood grain, what grade is it? I am also a big fan of the barrel profile. How much does the rifle weigh? I hope you post some shooting results. Tim.
mikec

Post by mikec »

1578Tiger wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:15 pm That's a beautiful rifle. I can't decide what I like more, the color case hardening, or the wood. How was your experience with Mr. Goodman?
Thank you. The No. 1 Sporter exceeded my expectations. My experience with Bill Goodman was excellent. Initially, I sent him an e-mail detailing what I thought I wanted. Being a rank amateur with Shiloh Sharps, I asked his opinion and he made a few suggestions for my consideration. I'm really glad I listened to him. Bill is a real gentleman and, during this process, he was very communicative. I don't think he could have made this experience any better. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

Mike
mikec

Post by mikec »

TGC wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:31 pm Mike , that is a very nice looking rifle. I like the character in the wood grain, what grade is it? I am also a big fan of the barrel profile. How much does the rifle weigh? I hope you post some shooting results. Tim.
Thank you. The wood is semi-fancy walnut. It seems I recall the weight at 17 lbs. That 32" barrel is a chunk!

Mike
semtav

Post by semtav »

Most case hardening doesn't really impress me. Maybe why I went with the antique look on mine.

But that case hardening job really impresses me!!