New Ammo Plant

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Coltsmoke

New Ammo Plant

Post by Coltsmoke »

They are breaking ground on a new ammo plant in Wisconsin. I think it was S&W, I'm not completely sure as to who it was. I also heard the old Remington ammo plant was back up and running 24/7, may have read that here, not sure. I'm getting CRS pretty bad, I'm blaming everything wrong with me on having Covid at the beginning of this year. :lol:
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
Woody

Re: New Ammo Plant

Post by Woody »

Haven't seen any primers or powder available, but was encouraged to see ammo in stock at several local retail outlets. I have to qualify annually with both my .45 ACP and .38 Special. I stay competent using reloads but must qualify and carry factory ammo. I'm running a little low but should be good for a couple of years. BPCR is another matter. I'm in good shape.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

I too have heard Remington was back up and running but.........they are having some brass issues. Maybe not all cases but, the 6.5CM ones seem to be splitting??? not really sure as I dont use anything Remington, component wise. I will have to dig into the new ammo plant, havent seen or heard anything about it.

matt
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Woody wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:25 pm Haven't seen any primers or powder available, but was encouraged to see ammo in stock at several local retail outlets. I have to qualify annually with both my .45 ACP and .38 Special. I stay competent using reloads but must qualify and carry factory ammo. I'm running a little low but should be good for a couple of years. BPCR is another matter. I'm in good shape.

Woody
Woody
Do you get a card annually to show you have complied with the LEOSA ?
I hope even the not so gun friendly states would honor that...or maybe not.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Short answer Glen - Yes.

My old S.O. in Colorado issued the LEOSA compliant photo ID and my local S.O. in Indiana provides the State approved retired qualification course of fire and documentation. Both a card for my wallet and a record of training for both Semi and Revolver.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

As for states respecting the Federal Law, well your guess is as good as mine. I've heard rumors, but no fact that both N.J. and N.Y. have failed to recognize and lost significant $ in civil actions. I don't want to be the test case though.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I have both my LEOSA card , retired officers carry Permit and CCW civilian card from my state. Most officers finding out you're retired just wave you on. Some northern states didn't recognize the state retired officers card, so some of us received the state civilian CCW card...and reciprocal agreements had us covered three ways.....I hope.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I also have a lifetime permit from Indiana separate from the Leosa credential. I've not been stopped or questioned since the enactment of LEOSA. I prefer to fly under the radar.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Dan O

Post by Dan O »

In 2016 when I went to Raton I contacted the N.M. State Police and asked if they recognize the LEOSA permit. The Sgt. I spoke to said NO! they do not recognize that or a Montana CCW. I thanked him for his time and then proceeded to break the law :shock:
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

In NJ the only way to have a judge issue one a concealed carry permit, is it know the name of the Judge’s Mistress
Regards
John
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Dan O wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:36 am In 2016 when I went to Raton I contacted the N.M. State Police and asked if they recognize the LEOSA permit. The Sgt. I spoke to said NO! they do not recognize that or a Montana CCW. I thanked him for his time and then proceeded to break the law :shock:
I'll just throw my Glock in the truck and keep on keepin on. LEOSA is clear and supersedes State law.I'm like Woody...I keep low and under the radar when traveling. If things get bad enough to pull the Glock , I'm about to perish and will want to be around for any court.