Bond Arms Derringer

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Bond Arms Derringer

Post by Glen Ring »

Jeanne usually carries a 22 air weight smith when we take woods walks. Two snake shots and 6 22 long rifle 40 grain rounds. We see Pygmy rattlesnakes often ,wild hogs are often on our place and Black bears have been multiplying and moving around our neck of the woods. She wanted a 410 bond derringer, but I've talked her into a .357. .38 special shot first and then a 357 round next.

Have any of you had experience with Bond derringers. They look and feel to be well made, but I haven't shot one yet. Anything bigger and heavier and she would not carry it.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Don McDowell

Re: Bond Arms Derringer

Post by Don McDowell »

I have one in 45 acp. Shoots well enough when you can get the trigger pull mastered, the trigger pull has to be around 10 lbs.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Don
What barrel length did you buy??
Thee one I looked at has a 2.5 inch barrel and that would make a heck of a fireball at night in .357.
I'd think .45 ACP might be a hand full also.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

It's the 2.4 in.
It's really not as bad to shoot as I thought it might be. Recoil isn't punishing, and the muzzle blast isn't bad. 230 gr hard ball is all I've shot in it so far, but when you can take your time and work thru that trigger pull it will put both rounds touching at 7 yards.
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

The trigger takes a bit of getting used to, as Don says. I've three barrels for mine. It came with a .38/.357. Also have a .22lr and a .44 spl. I bought some CCI empty shotshell caps in .38 and .44. and load them with #8 shot. It's my snake gun for mowing and irrigating. My neighbor killed a 34 inch rattlesnake last week within a 100 feet of our headgate.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Mike I carry a ruger sr 22 for my haying snake gun, little bugger shooting the cci shotcapsuls makes pretty short work of rattlers. Light weight and easy to carry without getting in the way.