NEED KELLEY FRONT SIGHT!!!!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

BlackJack

NEED KELLEY FRONT SIGHT!!!!

Post by BlackJack »

Hello All! I need a Kelley front sight for my Sharps Hartford w/.450 dovetail and standard height of .525. Looked around on web either not listed and BACO is out of stock. Anyone have a spare to sell?

Also, even thought about a .375 maybe. I have a shim kit from Brownells I bought awhile back. Thought about cutting the thickness I would need slip under and just ahead of the base and gently tap in then trim sound feasible?

Called Shiloh to be sure and was told the dovetail was .453 so I would measure and cut the thickness I would need if possible. Done sort of the same thing on a MVA sight base to plum it on a Sharps LR EXP. I had years ago and worked out fine.

So, anyone has a spare .450 or maybe a .375 let me know. Also, if this post of wanting to buy a part is inappropriate/not in the right place I apologize and it needs to be removed.
Thanks,
Rich
Michael Johnson

Re: NEED KELLEY FRONT SIGHT!!!!

Post by Michael Johnson »

You used to be able to buy them from Kelley direct. He lives in Oregon.Perhaps someone on this site has Kelley's contact info?
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

I found his web sight www.kelleysights.com
It does say that he only sells them thru Buffalo Arms. It also has Kelley's contact info.
BlackJack

Post by BlackJack »

Michael Johnson wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:05 pm I found his web sight www.kelleysights.com
It does say that he only sells them thru Buffalo Arms. It also has Kelley's contact info.
Hell Michael! Thanks for the info! I did go to his site awhile back and noticed the same thing but I did email him to ask about the ETA when BACO would be receiving any. Haven't heard back yet.
Thanks Again,
Rich