Today is the Day.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Coltsmoke

Today is the Day.

Post by Coltsmoke »

Today is the day I'm going out to the garage and cast some bullets, why, just because I can. Thousands of men died just to give us a free country so we can do things just as casting bullets, and many other freedoms. So that is going to be my Independence Day celebration. Many were casting round balls in 1776 and paid for it with their life. Americans may have to do it again, but I'm giving thanks to the ones that have already done it.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
GrumpyBear

Re: Today is the Day.

Post by GrumpyBear »

A fitting tribute.

I am filling cases with black powder, so in some small way, similar feelings, for me.
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

I started the Fouth of July celebration yesterday by touching off about 1/2 pound of Swiss 1.5.
This was in 67 grain increments under my 360 grain DDEPP bullet from my 38-50 RH at a gong match
Today, we went to church at 9am, to also celebrate this particular Freedom To Worship as we wish.
Then , a barbeque chicken dinner by the local Lions.

Later, we expect to make some more "booms" in back yard with such as my 4" S&W 44 mag, and other such noise makers
again "since we can" .

Then this evening down to the fairgrounds for fireworks. Since We Can....!!!!!
Have a Happy and Blessed Fourth
beltfed/arnie
RK

Post by RK »

If a lib askes what you are doing. Tell them you’re a casting “freedom seeds”. Lol
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

Celebrated the 4th by shooting our monthly big bore silhouette match with the other members of the “Florida Delegation”. Shot my highest score to date, a 36. Great way to celebrate our Independence! “Because we can” later to a party and plenty of fireworks!
Tom
Last edited by Tomklinger on Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackJack

Post by BlackJack »

RK wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:15 pm If a lib askes what you are doing. Tell them you’re a casting “freedom seeds”. Lol
FREEDOM SEEDS🤣🤣🤣🤣! Quit that RK you made me laugh so hard now I gotta change my depends🙄!
flatsguide

Post by flatsguide »

Coltsmoke...nice post!
Cheers Richard
Woody

Post by Woody »

The lead pot is on and I'll be casting in the cool of the morning. Later, I'll load load a hundred or so. Getting ready for Friendship, and Ridgeway in a couple of weeks. Finally, this afternoon, a 900 Bullseye match.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I thought I had made enough bullets for the summer but with all the matches I've made and plan to make I had to cast more bullets. I took advantage of several cool mornings to catch up. I may still need some more of the Saeco 370 grain for my 40/50 SS.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Kitsap

Post by Kitsap »

Coltsmoke,

Well communicated. Thank you.

The consequences today may not be as severe, but the sun will rise tomorrow on a new day. With the jokers we have in charge, who knows?