New Shiloh

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Re: New Shiloh

Post by JonnyV »

Go shoot the Quigley Greybeard...ain't none of us getting any younger.

That's the same wood and finish option I picked for my Shiloh, looks like I'm gonna be really happy! Thanks for posting those photos!!
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

I ordered mine with a 32in and presentation grade. It will live its life shooting comps and thats it. I have plenty of other rifles to take hunting as of now, although it gives me a reason to buy another so I can use it for hunting :wink:

Good call on changing it to 32in. Fouling can get tough to remove from a 34in and the weight is hard to handle off hand

matt
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
Clark Badgett

Post by Clark Badgett »

I’ve got standard grade on mine, and it’s quite attractive.
DAVE ROELLE

Post by DAVE ROELLE »

You can select your wood on line with Cecil Freddi and have it sent to Shiloh for your rifle.
your never lost, if ya don't care where ya are
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

It still cost an additional $460.00 to do the stock carving as I understand Shiloh. I have my Cecil Freddi English Walnut blank I was going to use on my 1877 that will be built , I’m hesitant for $1k stock not including any additional finishing.
Steve Sudbeck

Post by Steve Sudbeck »

I don’t know that another grand or two on top of five or six grand makes a lot of difference - it greatly depends on your wants vs. your have-to-haves. You wait a long time for these rifles and most (I am guessing) only own one of these rifles in a lifetime. In turn, none of us (including the owners and staff at Shiloh) are getting any younger - we all know that the only guarantee in the universe is that things will change. The moral of all this amateur philosophy is it may be best to order it all now - things in life can change very quickly and without warning.
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

That’s very true things can change very quickly. That’s why I went ahead and ordered what I wanted on the rifle. I’ve wanted one for a very long time kept putting it off. Like you said not getting any younger. Never know what could happen so I went ahead a ordered it. So glad I did. Thanks for all the great info.