Sports

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bpcr shooter

Re: Sports

Post by bpcr shooter »

Ok we need to come back to the " Refrigeration Regionals ", I dont know why but, I laughed at this for waaaaay to long!! :lol: :lol:

matt
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
semtav

Post by semtav »

bpcr shooter wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:31 am Ok we need to come back to the " Refrigeration Regionals ", I dont know why but, I laughed at this for waaaaay to long!! :lol: :lol:

matt
DD needs to know that i moved to a better neighbor hood now. Up one lowly rung to the 600 yd gong.
Havent hit it since i put it up but i almost feel like i are somebody now!! Almost!!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

True Mirth can be a pathway to happiness.

Somewhat gratified to hear SEMTAV has escaped the dumps, landfills and bar pits of his meager existence and has graduated to a 600 yard gong. Any progress is good. Even one baby step up at a time. Acknowledging that old habits are hard to break and hearing that he is having trouble hitting said gong may I suggest he try it at 300 first or where ever he can hit it, careful not too close due to lead splatter. However, lead splatter is rarely the problem if you don't hit the steel. :roll:

Since he did not mention the diameter of his new found object of attention it should be at least two minutes in diameter for 600 yards or twelve inches.

I shoot an eleven inch gong at 500 meters and that is about right for that distance for iron sights or scope.

A ten inch gong at 500 yards or even 400 yards is not easy. Poor light makes it really challenging with irons.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
semtav

Post by semtav »

desert deuce wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:33 pm

Since he did not mention the diameter of his new found object of attention it should be at least two minutes in diameter for 600 yards or twelve inches.

Definetly this !!! (In blue) :lol:
semtav

Post by semtav »

And if I can't hit the target next time I may have to break down and acquire some of those white enamel Target extenders so I can see where I'm missing
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Well, if moving the gong closer to you is too much of a challenge, you can always sneak up on the gong.
Pretty sure it isn't going anywhere unless you run over it with the wife's pickup. Then at least you can say you finally hit it.
BUT, that may present other challenges.
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

Coltsmoke wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:58 pm Living next to DD would be alright if he moved to Ga. I would not survive in the dessert, couldn't take the heat. I probably wouldn't survive the winter in Montana either. Maybe when I was in my 20's I'm an Ole Fart now. Somebody will post the scores soon, hang in there.
I'll take Montana winters any time. After sitting inside 70-ton iron monsters in MOPP gear when it's 170 degrees inside, I've had enough of heat. Bring on the snow.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Losttrail, you are the man! I couldn't do that.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Oye, Losttrail I think you may be able to help SEMTAV make contact with steel on the plains of Montana.
Certainly not far away at Fort Carson Colorado there are surplus fully functional yet surplus military tanks.
Of course you would have to find a way to transport that tracked baby to Montana and set it up in profile for SEMTAV.
Probably a flat bed trailer or railroad transport.
Since he has trouble hitting three foot square steel at 100 yards maybe set it up at 100 yards, just make sure to clear the area before he open up.
And, if he were to hit the tank, no harm done. :D A win win outcome for everyone. :roll:
CO

Post by CO »

Nationals rained out today. Gonna have a 60 shot tomorrow and that will be it. Chilson won Scope class with a score of 100.