Sports

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

semtav

Sports

Post by semtav »

I was just laying here under the air conditioner thanking God I don't live next door to DD. Could you imagine having to do this every day of the year??

And I got to thinking about sports.
Could you imagine a week of the NFR and all you got is the results a week later.
Or NASCAR where sometime next week you learned who won the race
Or the NFL or the NBA or the figure skating competition ..........

I know from personal experience that match directors are up to their eyeballs in alligators during a match but couldn't someone's six year old nephew be tasked with posting scores daily even if they might be wrong and need correcting.
This seems to be the prevalent way all shooting sports are done, nothing, crickets for days or weeks if ever !!
And I'm not picking on any one particular match!
Just something I'm thinking about until the air conditioner blows up
gus65

Re: Sports

Post by gus65 »

Nothing reported on Quigley results nor the My 1000yd. ??? I did not attend either event this year. Would like the see results posted
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Living next to DD would be alright if he moved to Ga. I would not survive in the dessert, couldn't take the heat. I probably wouldn't survive the winter in Montana either. Maybe when I was in my 20's I'm an Ole Fart now. Somebody will post the scores soon, hang in there.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Smoke, you crack me up. Guessing that you may actually be a genuine card carrying Georgia Cracker? Road kill Possum and all.

I will wager, and handsomely, that you do just fine in the dessert, however, the desert is an entirely different matter.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

As for SEMTAV, moving next door to me would require the ability to breathe rarified virtually humidity free super heated air and involve many, many levels of social elevation above Refrigeration Regionals at a local land fill. Predictably his relocation would be brief, if he survived.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

I agree semtav! I hate being home while a match is going on, wondering how the heck it is going and not being able to get any info. I'll work on it. I'm thinking maybe a youtube video at the end of each day?
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

I do have the card, we take all the road kill possums to my cusins, they are lerning to be taxi durmest. Dat wuz whut dey gave ever body fer Christmas last year. My wive said I coud have herz, so I have 2 stufed possums n my loadn rume. :D
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher »

While it is interesting to see the results from afar, ( I believe I qualify in that respect this year ), if you attend the match, you see the results.
Match directors get enough stick from attendees wanting instant results, they don't need the extra burden of trying to please those that don't attend.
The easiest way is for someone to take a photo of the "wailing wall" and post it on the forum. Of coarse, if folks are so keen to get instant updates on how matches are going, go to them. :wink:
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Easy enough said Daniel but I know you and I would have been there but for closed borders. It's still nice to see how my friends did.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher »

Yeah, you bet I would. More of a comment that there is enough work to do without worrying about those that 'aint there.
I have seen how hard Sharon and her cohorts worked in the stat office, entering scores, checking scores, collating scores, chasing up shooters who haven't handed in their score cards, double checking peoples grades,( you'd be surprised how many folks get that wrong, deliberate or otherwise... ) working out shoot-offs, teams, then getting the scores posted in a timely fashion to suit the encroaching throng. Believe me, the last thing the stat house needs is another job to do.
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Thank you Daniel, you are correct, but we will see what we can do. :D :D :D
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

maybe we can get CNN orMSNBC to post the shooting results :D good luck art
Maj. Forrest Smith

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith »

Think you just need to know where to look. I think there is some one posting scores of most matches now days on here or Facebook. You just have to know what FB group to be looking at to see those results. I was posting scores daily for the .22 Nationals on our group page on FB. You just had to go and look at them. Agreed, that those doing the scoring at the match, are way to busy and tired at the end of the day to worry about daily posting. After a large match, you are just trying to catch your breath and regroup some, before starting to plan for the next year. Sometimes we forget how much it takes in the planning area to make it look easy at match time. The smoother the match looks and goes, the more planning that has been done before hand. Both the .22 BPCRA match and the International Showdown BPCR matches went very smoothly! Congratulations to both groups for well run matches.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I really don't think he's talking about the recently concluded matches at Raton,that were pretty well reported. Got a hunch he's thinking more about a number of matches held closer to his house.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Gamerancher wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:00 am Yeah, you bet I would. More of a comment that there is enough work to do without worrying about those that 'aint there.
I have seen how hard Sharon and her cohorts worked in the stat office, entering scores, checking scores, collating scores, chasing up shooters who haven't handed in their score cards, double checking peoples grades,( you'd be surprised how many folks get that wrong, deliberate or otherwise... ) working out shoot-offs, teams, then getting the scores posted in a timely fashion to suit the encroaching throng. Believe me, the last thing the stat house needs is another job to do.
Here, here, Daniel.....Missed you again this year. Stay healthy.........
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………