BPCR School

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

BPCR School

Post by jackrabbit »

Shooters,

Over the last couple of years, we have became aware of numerous folks that are interested in BPCR, but don't have the knowledge or the confidence to come to a match. I also know of quite a few shooters that have started, but are struggling along. It is both hard to reach some of these guys and hard to find time during a match to really help them while you are trying to compete yourself. In an attempt to remedy this situation, several of us at Smithmoor decided to offer a 2 day BPCR "school" over the weekend of Oct 9th and 10th. We will cover in depth and detail casting, reloading, the mental game, wind calling, spotting, marksmanship, and a variety of other important topics to improve your shooting. $200 for the weekend includes lunches, free camping in the RV campground, a genuine Wyoming Sight Drifter, and some other goodies. Several top shooters will be helping put it on. If anyone has any interest, please contact me at smithmoorrange@gmail.com. Although meant to be helpful to new or struggling shooters, the school is open to anyone. I am sure there is something all of could learn, as well as a weekend spent on the range talking about guns and shooting is always fun. Please forward this to anyone you think would be interested in coming. A couple of scholarships are also available to shooters that really need to be there.

Thank you!
Cody Smith
desert deuce

Re: BPCR School

Post by desert deuce »

Interesting, very interesting and a great value also.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

JackRabbit: Interesting idea and hope it is successful!
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
cat1870

Post by cat1870 »

Sounds great...
SASS Life Member
NRA Life Member....
Which rifle should I shoot today???
OneLegGuy

Post by OneLegGuy »

I'd love to attend something like this if I am able to make it out there.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Wow , fantastic idea guys ! Kind of a "Gunsite" course for black powder cartridge shooters! Sounds like an absolute blast of interest and fun !
Dan O

Post by Dan O »

Cody that is a heck of a good deal. This is long overdue. I know the years of searching for answers prior to attending my first shoot. I showed up at Deep Creek for a 2 day shoot and had the equipment but no idea of what to do. I wandered around "with a lost look" I'm sure :lol: Well one of the guys approached me and started up a conversation. I told him this was my first time there. He was very encouraging and offered to help and even spot for me. I decided to watch that first day and shoot the next. On Sunday I shot and Ted (Snakehips) set the hook and I've been shooting since.
Since that day I learned a lot and continue to learn more each time. What you are planning will be a huge help to the new shooters and the long time shooters.

Thanks,
Dan
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Could morph into a National Tour, perhaps even Global.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
1578Tiger

Post by 1578Tiger »

Something of this order has been needed for a long time. Why not? There are clinics for everything else under the sun.
Wayne

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
– Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

THIS is how we increase shooters in our sport. Rather than compromise the sport into nothing, offering a clinic to teach others how to get started participating in this sport as we shoot it now and in a no-intimidation environment is fantastic. And it's not just about shooting - it's about spotting too and the part about winds and spotting for others would be worth the price of admission alone.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Actually the wind doping class was also my favorite initial topic of interest. Watching cause and effect of wind, light and mirage through a spotting scope never losses their fascination for me.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Thank you guys for all the support. I hope we can get 8 or 10 to come. So far we have 2.

I have to admit I feel a little egotistical that I am capable of teaching anyone how to shoot. I hope no one sees it as arrogance. I truly hope we can help some folks, have some fun, and promote the sport. I am working on an agenda now and I we will have some help from some top shooters.
take care and thanks for helping to spread the word,
Cody
Rockridge

Post by Rockridge »

Cody:

Well, Now you have 4 confirmed attendees! Beth and I will be there.
SWMBO ( She Who Must Be Obeyed...) and I were talking about this on our way back from Raton.

We're looking forward to it!

Ed
Rockridge
ScrapMetal

Post by ScrapMetal »

Just a thought, if you know anyone who can shoot and edit video it wouldn't hurt to record the "classes". There are a lot of people around the country who may be interested but have no where to start from.

Sounds like a great idea and hope it exceeds your expectations

JMHO

-Ron
fosjam

Post by fosjam »

Did this class take place? If so how did it go? I would like to attend if there is another. I just hadn’t seen this last year.