1877 Shiloh letter in the mail

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Randy Bohannon

1877 Shiloh letter in the mail

Post by Randy Bohannon »

A good day after 4 years 4 months 3 days and six hours my letter for my 1877 #1 English Sporting rifle was in my mail box today. Only change I made from my original order was a 45-70 instead of another 40-70 SS . Would have loved a 40-50 SBN but no dies on planet earth.
AA finish/ Cecil Freddi English Walnut
Brass escutcheons
Polished 32” round barrel, so the production of the round barrels is starting.
Polished fire blued screws
Rigby rib
Steel butt plate
Wood schnabble forearm

This will be my third Shiloh and as exciting as the first, no flies on the 45-70 with DD bullets it makes for a dandy cartridge.
martinibelgian

Re: 1877 Shiloh letter in the mail

Post by martinibelgian »

I do believe CH4D has them (40-50 SBN)? Maybe not immediately available, but they are die manufacturers, so... It might take a few weeks to get them, but OTOH, the rifle won't be there immediately either.
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

I have been trying to contact them for months now with no luck or response, the 40-50 SBN would be a fun cartridge for sure .I’m only having one 1877 and decided I didn’t want to have that small of a cartridge in the 77 and went mid range with the 45-70 and I don’t have to reinvent the wheel learning what will work well,not to much mystery with the 45-70.
What MVA scope would work well out to 1K ? I need to pick one for the spacing and have never used a Sharps scope and know nothing about them.
ShermanCoShooter

Post by ShermanCoShooter »

A good day for me also, I received my letter do my model 77 in 45-90, this will be my first Shiloh Rifle and am excited, perhaps in time for Christmas?
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

My Son asked the same question , I said maybe by Christmas thinking the same as you. The anticipation is as exciting as the first getting a Shiloh anything. I did decide on the MVA “ A “ scope with the new adjustable front mount as it appears to be capable of 1K .
ShermanCoShooter

Post by ShermanCoShooter »

I’m having mine drilled and tapped for the 3000 series MVA scope in case I want to install one at a later date