Ridgway Nationals

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Ridgway Nationals

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Ian Egbert took second in Scope, won the irons. And won the Aggregate Nation Championship. A well deserved congratulations to Ian.

All with PP and his antimony Mix of bullet.

The naysayers maybe can now shut the #@*$ up.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Coltsmoke

Re: Ridgway Nationals

Post by Coltsmoke »

Great shooting Ian, congratulations.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
High Desert Hunter

Post by High Desert Hunter »

Congratulations Ian!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Could it be that Ian succumbed to the flawless observation of, "sometimes you get the chicken and sometimes you get the feathers?"

Suspect Ian has garnered his share of feathers in pursuit of the Chicken and now provides proof positive that persistence pays off.

Way to hang in there Ian!

Oh, by the way, be on the look out for tornadoes in the area of the midwest. 70,000 ft thunderheads forecast in area. 50,000 ftrs are scary.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Where did Dave Gullo come in if he participated ?
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Congratulations Ian :!:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Ian is a good shooter and a tough competitor and has done well with paper patch. The results may have been different if we had been able to shoot on Thurs. The humidity and scattered rain caused Ian's paper to swell and he had trouble chambering his rounds. Someone loaned him a camming tool and he was able to fully chamber his rounds. I don't know if his accuracy fell off. It was just an unknown dragon that popped up and bit his ass when he least expected it.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Nice , young fellow to represent Silhouette and I'll bet the Great Brian Chilson was happy for him.

New national 3 woman team record set.Fantastic.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

John Bly wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:18 pm Ian is a good shooter and a tough competitor and has done well with paper patch. The results may have been different if we had been able to shoot on Thurs. The humidity and scattered rain caused Ian's paper to swell and he had trouble chambering his rounds. Someone loaned him a camming tool and he was able to fully chamber his rounds. I don't know if his accuracy fell off. It was just an unknown dragon that popped up and bit his ass when he least expected it.
No question Ian is a good shot, PP or GG bullets. He won't have the problem of chambering rounds in the future as he ordered a pair of camming tools from me this evening. You guys better be 'on your game' at the Friendship match in August. Don't think Ian is going to relax his efforts.
Glenn
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Thanks everyone. Lady Luck was on my side for the irons match. No question about that. I did have some rounds that absolutely would not go in. I have shot my paper patch ammo in some damp conditions before and had some that were hard to chamber but that was the first time I have had to use tools to get them to go in. The good news is that the ones that had to be forced did seem to hit in the same place so if it fits it ships but my thumb is still sore from those first few that I had to push in without a tool.
Nuclearcricket

Post by Nuclearcricket »

Congrats Ian, I didn't get to meet all the new faces at the match and didn't get to socialize much at all. But I did my best to keep things flowing. Yes I was that voice in your ear every day. Hope to see you come back to enjoy the fine Ridgway weather again. Your thumb will heal.
Sam
Woody

Post by Woody »

My first trip to Ridgway. That long slope down to the animals sure made for some interesting wind currents. Congrats to all that participated. Those that didn't, your loss. Next is Friendship in a couple of weeks. See you there.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

John Bly wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:18 pm Ian is a good shooter and a tough competitor and has done well with paper patch. The results may have been different if we had been able to shoot on Thurs. The humidity and scattered rain caused Ian's paper to swell and he had trouble chambering his rounds. Someone loaned him a camming tool and he was able to fully chamber his rounds. I don't know if his accuracy fell off. It was just an unknown dragon that popped up and bit his ass when he least expected it.
The rounds that had to be pushed in actually did seem to hit in the same place. I was expecting them to be a miss but they hung in there. The misses I did have that day were very much my own fault. The turkeys were very hard to see that day but the 1 I missed broke left which is where the miss was. Had the match continued that day it’s hard to say where things would have shook out. The fog that rolled in on relay 4 was like nothing I had ever seen before.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Nuclearcricket wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:03 am Congrats Ian, I didn't get to meet all the new faces at the match and didn't get to socialize much at all. But I did my best to keep things flowing. Yes I was that voice in your ear every day. Hope to see you come back to enjoy the fine Ridgway weather again. Your thumb will heal.
Sam
I didn’t know that was you!! Love your handle here on the forum. You did a great job. We appreciate all the work you guys did to make this happen. Many of us are looking forward to shooting there again and those who didn’t go missed a great shoot.
22Ballard

Post by 22Ballard »

Well done Ian ! He’s worked hard to get those paper-wrapped bullets working for him. The commitment and hard work paid off.