Count Down Timing Device

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Count Down Timing Device

Post by desert deuce »

Have run through about half a dozen line timers for shooting & timing Black Powder Target Rifle in the open.

Any recommendations appreciated. The problem is durability and the screen not going blank in direct sunlight.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
rgchristensen

Re: Count Down Timing Device

Post by rgchristensen »

Champion's Choice advertises some that look pretty good, but I haven't seen/used them. Anyone tried them? I've thought that the old-time wind-up kitchen timers would work, but ......... maybe an hour-glass?

CHRIS
Nuclearcricket

Post by Nuclearcricket »

I recently got one I do like, its almost identical other than the color to the one sole by Champions Choice. The brand is Sper Scientific. its red and has numbers to set the count down time and it will also do count up. The price was about $14 delivered and comes with a 5 year warranty. I got it through Walmart. Here is the link to the one I got.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Count-Up-Cou ... /791410191
Sam
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
dougf

Post by dougf »

I use the 'Seconds Pro' app on my iphone. ($4.99). You can customize the display. (Large black letters on grey background works fine in sunglight.) The timer can be configured to start simply by touching the display. It won't timeout and bring up your screensaver during the countdown. You can also create intervals, for instance -- add a 30 sec 'ready' interval and a 5 minute shooting interval (or add a 3rd interval for sighters). Once you touch the display it will start the countdown and progress through each interval without needing to do anything else. You would have to find or make a stand to support the phone during the relay.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Thanks dougf, sensible idea. Better yet dougf, you can sit next to me while I shoot and keep the time on your phone and score on the score card.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
dougf

Post by dougf »

I'm definitely better at figuring out phone apps than I am at knocking down silhouette targets. I'd be honored to keep time and score for you if I ever had the chance.