Wasserburger Mile/Creedmoor Match

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Wasserburger Mile/Creedmoor Match

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

The Wasserburger Ranch is again hosting the Mile Match, plus a Traditional Creedmoor match at 800-900-1000 yards on Saturday September 4th. The Mile Match on Sunday September 5th.

Any position including a bench/table class for both matches. A rear bag maybe used in the Mile event only. No rear bag in the Creedmoor event.

Creedmoor will be 10 shots plus 2 sighters at 800-900-1000. Total of 36 shots.
Mile event will be 10 shots plus 2 sighters X2 total of 24 shots.

Bring your long range rife see how good you are.

Range open for Practice Thursday Afternoon and Friday September 3-4 for practice.

Please Check in with me before coming.

Kenny Wasserburger

Text or phone starting August 17th.
307-689-4497
Email kwsharps@hotmail.com
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Lumpy Grits

Re: Wasserburger Mile/Creedmoor Match

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Wish you all the very best of times!
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Kenny Wasserburger

Match is a go, hope to see many of you there.

KW
The Lunger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

What time you starting on Saturday
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Kenny Wasserburger

10:30. AM Don.

Kenny W

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Thanks Kenny.
Will see how things shake out.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Kenny Wasserburger

Wrapping bullets for the mile today.

I will be at the ranch, mowing the firing line and the camping area, Wednesday afternoon. Painting and practice are open on Thursday. Mile practice will be Friday afternoon, I will be splitting my time between the two ranges, which are over a mile apart. :shock:

When your ranch is 5 miles long things are a bit spread out, :lol:

The terrain from the firing line to the mile target is quite interesting, it’s nearly 1.75 miles from the firing line to reach the target. :shock: over the cannon of Spring Creek.

This is my home where I was raised, and lived for 18.5 years. School then life took me away. But I come home often.

I have fed cattle in blizzards by myself when my Dad was laid up with knee surgeries. Killed coyotes, killed my first Deer here, put down animals both stock and varmits. Wrote much of 2 novels in those winter months over two separate winters. Chopped ice on Lance Creek, pumped water to irrigate.

Build the first traditional Creedmoor Range in over 120 years, then 11 years later in 2007 built the Mile Target, Harlin Sage was there with his Brother Woody, Jimbo Terry and Randy Clear Creek were there, Jeff Williamson, and others. The mile match was often a topic, Jim Gier of MVA made the sights, then told me to make it happen. :shock: So we did. Lot of naysayers said wasn’t doable. They were wrong,I hit steel on my 4th shot the first to do so. Randy Clear Creek was the next.

My dad on two different tractors, and dragged Lucy to her resting spot our armored pit for target observation, Via Radio. It was here were myself and Jimbo Terry and Bryan Youngberg honed our skills in spotting. 1996 was our first match, this year marks our 25 year for matches on the ranch.

My Grand father homesteaded here in 1918, on my mom’s side 20 miles north homesteaded in 1881.

Come and shoot some history.

Kenny Wasserburger
The Lunger