Sad news

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Sad news

Post by Woody »

Michael Patterson has passed on. I will miss him. We as a shooting community are diminished.

Services are:

Grubbs Funeral Home
8461 Dixie Highway
Florence, KY 41042

Visitation is Sept 8th (Wed) between 5 and 8 PM

Service is Sept 9th (Thurs) at 10 AM

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Ted Tompkins

Re: Sad news

Post by Ted Tompkins »

That really is sad news. Mike was a great guy and a great friend. I will miss him to. My heart and prayers go out to Reva and the family.
Ted
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. Will Rogers 1879 -1935
Michael Rix

Post by Michael Rix »

I am very sorry to hear that as well. I have good memories of Mike going back a few decades. Mike had a quiet kind of humor that you had to listen for. I hope he is in a better place.
"Vegetarian" Old Indian word meaning lousy hunter.
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Sad to hear this. He hasn't been shooting these last few years due to Parkinson disease I think. Up to that point was a helluva shooter winning the Sillouette national championship at Raton one year. He was a force to be dealt with at the Georgia matches too. Heck of a nice guy who was honest to a fault. We are diminished.
Keith Lay
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Sorry to read this. Nice person and hell of a shooter. Am sure he & Ken Pointer are posting master scores somewhere together. May he RIP.
Glenn
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Terrible news.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Obituary of Louis Michael Patterson
Louis Michael Patterson, age 72, of Burlington, KY, passed away Sunday, September 5, 2021 at St. Elizabeth Hospice Center in Edgewood, KY. He was the owner of Cincinnati Babbitt and a proud member of the N.R.A. (National Rifle Association) and the N.M.L.R.A. (National Muzzle Loaders Rifle Association). Mike won many awards in competitions over the years in both associations. He also enjoyed spending time with his family, especially his beloved grandsons. His parents, James V. and Jane Kindle Patterson; and brother, James Kyker, all preceded him in death. He is survived by his loving wife, Reva Mae Leger Patterson; children, Michael Louis Patterson and Kimberly Ann Pantaleon; grandsons, Nicholas and Brian Pantaleon; and siblings, Gayle Rupert (Chris) and Tom Patterson (Sondra). Visitation for Mike will be Wednesday, September 8, 2021 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Chambers and Grubbs Funeral Home, 8461 Dixie Hwy., Florence, KY 41042. His funeral service will be Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 10 a.m. at the funeral home. Interment will be at Independence Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the Parish Kitchen, 1561 Madison Ave., Covington, KY 41011. For directions, to view the Life Tribute Video or to leave the family a message of condolence, please go to www.chambersandgrubbs.com.
Richard A. Wood
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Woody, I'm so sorry to hear about Mike's passing. Like other posting here, I always enjoyed talking to and shooting with Mike, and it was sad to see him struggling with Parkinson's at the last couple of matches where I saw him.

Clarence
Woody

Post by Woody »

I first met Mike in Arizona at the Arizona State Match, in November, around 2001 or so. I didn't get to know him until moving back to Indiana 15 years ago. Mike was a very giving person and was instrumental in getting the silhouette program up and running with the Miami BPCR club in Friendship. I have shot with and spotted for Mike mostly in target rifle matches or at silhouette matches away from Friendship. Several times we won the Kentucky State Championship. One year, he won the Iron Sight and I won the Scope. He was a man of few words when spotting. Mike's humorous side was not always evident, but he did have a great humorous side. During matches, Mike would often make a side bet on chickens with me. Always for a single dollar. We both thought we tried harder because of it. For several matches, Mike had wanted to up the amount to a fiver. I had always resisted. Finally, during our Military match, Mike again wanted to shoot for five. I told him, I had no chance, since I was shooting my trapdoor. Mike then gave me odds. He had to shoot double the chickens that did with the trapdoor. So the bet was on. On the first set of five, I got two. Mike was watching and knew he had to shoot four to tie and five to win. He had done that many times. On the second bank of five, I shot three more. I turned to Mike and the look on his face was priceless. He could only tie if he hit all ten. I told him he could count his sighting shots. Needless to say I won that bet. Over the years, I think Mike won more often than I did. He will be missed.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I've probably known Mike since the 80's shooting muzzle loaders. As noted he had a wry sense of humor. He was always willing to help anyone or give advice to improve their shooting. He was a past national champion in BPCR silhouette. It was sad to see his decline with Parkinsons over the past several years. He is at peace now forever. RIP Mike.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"