Commissioned a new blade

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

Re: Commissioned a new blade

Post by mdeland »

Both are very nice Dennis, man I wished I could get my case colors to come out as good as your rifles are. Great choice of caliber too !
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Very nice knife and rifle Dennis. It takes a special skill set to make a knife that nice.
Dennis Armistead

Post by Dennis Armistead »

mdeland wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:07 am Both are very nice Dennis, man I wished I could get my case colors to come out as good as your rifles are. Great choice of caliber too !
Mike, I've been very fortunate to have striking case colors on my rifles. Here's a picture of my 50 2 1/2.
Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Experience trumps intelligence every time.
Dennis Armistead

GrumpyBear wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:52 am Very nice knife and rifle Dennis. It takes a special skill set to make a knife that nice.
Thanks for the kind remarks. 40 years ago when I started forging, my first blade would pass for a cheap hammer :lol:
Dennis
Dennis Armistead

CWO wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:19 pm Perfection on both the rifle and knife. Thanks for sharing. My uncle used to make knives from stone they where works of art also. Wish I had purchased one from him while he was alive. He was interested in how the various Indian tribes made bows, arrowheads and tools. Was a Colorado state trapper and spend many a lonely winter banging rocks together.. CWO
I have made several "steel" flint knapped looking blades in the past. Very nice profiled blades...but takes a lot of time to finish.
Dennis