Supplies

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Chickm1

Supplies

Post by Chickm1 »

If this pandemic and the economy is not brought under control, only people on a real healthy income are going to be able to shoot. Powder, bullets, shot etc is in short supply, but unless you have primers stored away, it doesn't make much difference.
Dennis Armistead

Re: Supplies

Post by Dennis Armistead »

This will pass.
Dennis
Experience trumps intelligence every time.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Anyone else suspect there is a rather large stock pile of primers squirreled away somewhere out of sight? :roll:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

desert deuce wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:52 pm Anyone else suspect there is a rather large stock pile of primers squirreled away somewhere out of sight? :roll:
lil over 20k, 10ft below me. but I dont feel as thats enough. It will pass and things will come back just as they have before.
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
Chickm1

Post by Chickm1 »

Yeah, me too, but it is divided between large and small rifle, large and small pistol, magnum and shotgun. LOL..
Chickm1

Post by Chickm1 »

Yeah, me too, but it is divided between large and small rifle, large and small pistol, magnum and shotgun. LOL..
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

desert deuce wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:52 pm Anyone else suspect there is a rather large stock pile of primers squirreled away somewhere out of sight? :roll:
I do, & I know exactly where they are & how many, (a lot) 3 large, clear totes doesn't hold them all :wink:
I won't be able to shoot them all before I die, maybe the daughters will give the stockpile a test :lol:

1994 is still fresh in my mind, I also remember the bullshit a few years ago that lasted a couple years. Primers & 22 ammo

I've been buying since 1994, a little here, a little there.
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
df

Post by df »

Yup,
If you didn’t learn from the past shortages and gouging, shame on you. My kids will some day come into lots of components.
df

Post by df »

Yup,
If you didn’t learn from the past shortages and gouging, shame on you. My kids will some day come into lots of components.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

df wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:19 pm Yup,
Daddy!!
Glenn
Chickm1

Post by Chickm1 »

I'm tired of what is going on with our world. Ships can't get unloaded, manufacturing backed up, oil and groceries going up, building materials sky high. Financial advisors telling people to not buy cars or houses. IC chip shortage, covid killing people right and left, and a growing number of people who just respect no one or anything.
bobw

Post by bobw »

The first thing we.learned in boy scouts when I was 12 was the motto "Be prepared". Now days they don t teach that in scouts they just tell the kids not to bend over in front of anyone. Lol so naturally you young guys aren't prepared but do know better than to bend over . So you don't have enough components because you won't bend over and weren't prepared. Geez it's to bad that youth is wasted on the young. bobw
bobw
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

Nothing is coming back to ‘normal’ we are officially a ‘ banana republic’ and the world is in the ‘ Great Reset’ denying it doesn’t make it go away. These are the ‘ good times’ compared to what the near future holds
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Bunker mentality is a natural reaction to this changing world. That is probably the purpose of the lockdowns worldwide.

Those promoting the idea that we are actually engaged in WW IV may prove to be correct. Who knows at this point? One thing for sure, something is wrong.

Perhaps, maybe, we will see, this so called Great Reset may end up being a blessing in the rough.

Americans do have a history of making lemonade out of lemons. :wink:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

I agree with Randy, now is the time to be stocking up. I've been stocking up on reloading supplies for years, but am only recently started in on BP. As a result, I only have 28 lbs on hand. Not adequate.