Tell me about your 1877s

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Luke

Tell me about your 1877s

Post by Luke »

I've been thinking for a while now I need another rifle, with retirement coming up in 5 years or so. The closure of Goex really made me think of time passing, so I went ahead and dropped an order for a 1877, #1 English rifle. Preliminary is a 30" heavy half .45-70, single trigger, barrel sights and scope mounts. Intended to be primarily a Scope Rifle, MVA "A" or "B" (I already have a B).

Respectfully request you tell me about yours, how it handles, what you like, what you think works best.
Limber Up!
Woody

Re: Tell me about your 1877s

Post by Woody »

I had one built and received it several years ago. My purpose was for long range target work, so I chose a 34 inch round barrel with rigby rib. I did not desire to shoot this with a scope, so it is set up for irons only. Caliber is 45/90. I did choose double set triggers. Weight on the NRA scale at Ridgway at the Nationals this year was 12.2 lbs. Finally I chose the ebony inlays for the pistol grip and fore end. Not true to the few original 77's that were made, but it's my rifle, so that's what I chose. It shoots. extremely well.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

I have one on the floor being built now, #1 English 32” round polished barrel with Rigby flat another 45-70 , fire blued screws, Cecil Verdi English Walnut stock AA finish, drilled tapped for MVA scope,no barrel sight,regular CCH although Pack Harden might have been a better pick for the wood,maybe another rifle is in the future.
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

Mine is a standard business rifle and I got it for the caliber it appears it fits very much better than does the 74 and I can reach the single trigger in it. quite nice
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T